1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tropical North

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by klrman, Oct 10, 2011.

1. klrman

klrman Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2011
    With E-PL2 + 14-42 Kit Lens
    What I love about North Queensland is that it is full of Robinson Crusoe type areas. So many
    uninhabited beaches and coves. It's a nature lovers dream come true. I think everyone up
    there has their "secret" beach and we found quite a few as well.

P9153607bc.

tn1.

tn2.

tn3.

tn4.

tn5.

tn6.

tn7.

[​IMG]

tn9.

tn10.

tn11.

tn12.

tn15.

tn16.

tn17.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Looks great! The blue colour of the water is incredible. Where in QLD is this?

3. klrman

klrman Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2011
    Thanks! All in the Whitsunday region. Photos just can't do this area any justice as I could not capture the very deep aqua blues of the ocean as I saw it. The pic with the old sailing ship was at the bay behind the walkway entrance to the lookout for Whitehaven Beach. The water "glows" around the whole region. This pic below that I took from the boat pics it up a little.

tn13.

4. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thought it was the Whitsundays. Only been there once, drove to Airlie Beach from Proserpine and still remember the incredible blue of the sea as I came over a hill and saw the ocean in front of me. That was 30 years ago. The blue of the water there really made an impression.

Nice photos.

5. klrman

klrman Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2011
    Thanks! We stayed in Airlie Beach and boated and drove around. That area burned a permanent memory in our minds, just beautiful. I've never been there before myself. Just so many islands to discover as well. My wife's brother lives in the Gold Coast so we visited him and his family as well and landed in Brisbane.

6. I think it would be almost twenty years since I've been to the Whitsundays. So much for holidaying locally, eh? :wink:

7. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    What a beautiful place. I'd love to visit there some day.

Thanks for sharing.

Alan

8. klrman

klrman Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2011
    Ha! Trouble is that you live in Brisbane with gorgeous weather and don't really need to go anywhere. I live in Canada so won't comment about the weather here :crying::biggrin:

9. klrman

klrman Mu-43 Regular

Aug 11, 2011
    You're welcome Alan :smile: