1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tripod?

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by jpcairns, Nov 21, 2012.

1. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you know any good tripods that can be had for under $100 (I'm always looking for used, so if it can be found for under $100 used I'm all in!).

It will need to support a mirrorless camera on the indislider mini when it is at either end... the leverage will surely add a bit of strain, but that is also offset as it will be a light camera as opposed to a DSLR. any suggestions? Thanks!

2. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Manfrotto (Bogen) has always been a favorite of mine. Most photogs are using carbon fiber or some such lightweight material today vs aluminum.

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

As with most things - you get what you pay for. However there are some nice tripods that can be had for under $100. The three best economy brands that I know of are Manfrotto sold through Bogen, Slik and Vanguard.

The type of head you want will dictate some of the price as the nicer heads are more expensive. I have had some cheap sticks and the heads were horrible!{even when the legs were OK} They were very hard to adjust and wore out and started slipping.

I personally have a Vanguard Alta Pro with a ball head and love it! Both the sticks and head were higher grade but together they cost me less than $200. I know that Vanguard has at least one or two models that are good at the $100 mark.

I have used Manfrotto sticks before and they are good but their cheaper heads are not the best. Some of the cheaper Slik models are crap but others near your $100 limit are nice enough{from what I have seen in the stores - never used one personally}.

4. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    I have an Induro AKB0 for $140 at amazon. Really like it. Grat ball head and quick release, not too heavy. Easily holds my d5100 with 18-200 lens so no problem with my EPL1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.