Tripod Recommendation for GF1+100-300mm combo

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by robinforum, Oct 7, 2011.

1. robinforum

robinforum New to Mu-43

Oct 7, 2011
    My first post :O

So I'll be receiving my panny 100-300mm lens by tomorrow, and I'm hoping that I could buy a tripod since I ain't going to be the only one who will be using that :eek: crazy combo :eek:
    My parents will also be using it; family occasions (especially graduation), that's why I'm really keen on buying a tripod. I know they won't be happy manually holding it so... :tongue:

However! I do not know what to get/choose! I also am not familiar with the brands sold in our country; I only know this Digital Walker Zoom: Product Detail
    I'm eye-ing on WF-3130 or WF-3530.

I know that it must be: cheap, lightweight, and stable. My highest budget for a tripod is Php 1500 (Philippine Peso, the link posted above has a price there). With that said, am I going to get stability with the :eek: crazy combo :eek: even when the lens is fully zoomed out? If not, any other good tripod based on the link above? Or any other brand/model? I'm open for other suggestions/opinions :) well of course, I prefer the one in the site because I know their store location :p

Thanks in advance!
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think you'll be surprised. It's not as hard to hold as you imagine. If you use good technique and learn to brace yourself against a tree or wall, it's not that hard to get good shots handheld (as long as the light is decent and you can keep shutter speeds up).

Also, I've heard it said somewhere else when it comes to, lightweight and stable sounds nice, but you can only choose 2 of those. All 3 does not exist. Assuming you want to stay on budget, but you prefer lightweight or stable?

Good luck with your search.
  3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX

I know its quite a different animal, but I never found the GF1 + 45-200 to be unwieldy.