1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tripod or antique lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by LegacyLens, May 23, 2012.

1. LegacyLens

LegacyLens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2012
    I can get a old gitzo reporter tripod for $80 or 2-3 legacy lenses need some help... badly if you have a better tripod suggestion I will listen. Thanks in advance!

2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Depends really. Do you need that size of tripod? I'm far too lazy :smile: to carry one around and since I don't really need one I make do with a small pocketable version - click. It's all metal and very solid.

3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Depends on which legacy lenses, and whether you have a tripod and/or need a new decent one.

4. LegacyLens

LegacyLens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2012
    I am young and very strong im on the swim team and I can lift 120lbs which is a feat for kids my age so a 1lb camera on a 20lb tripod is not to bad

5. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    It's overkill on m43, but certainly a good setup.

6. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    That's awesome.

It's really more about the bulk of a tripod than the weight for me - I really don't like carrying a lot of stuff around with me. But if you need a tripod like that it certainly sounds like you'll be able to carry it around without another thought :smile:

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    If you are planning to shoot extremely slow shutter speeds, then a tripod is an absolute necessity. If low shutter speeds aren't your thing then get the lenses.

It is always good to have a tripod for the occasional slow shutter speed shots, (moving water, rivers of light on roads, et cetera), but for general photography lenses typically will get used more often.

Gary

8. LegacyLens

LegacyLens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2012
    Ok so i JUST found out my mom has a decent tripod..... LENSES IT IS! Thanks for the help thought

9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Lets see some images!!!

10. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    One thing we all learn as we go through life: Do not buy cheap tools.

A Gitzo Reporter is a quality tool. If your mom's tripod is in that class you are a lucky guy and I will buy the Gitzo for $80. If not, buy the Gitzo.