1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

"Tripod mode" (Myset)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jamespetts, Feb 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    I found that I was always forgetting to turn off the IS when I used my E-M1 on a tripod, and recently I realised that I had forgot to turn it on again afterwards resulting in some less than sharp night shots (although some were still sharp all the same, which I suppose is to be expected at 1/30s and 12mm).

I hit upon a solution to this, which was to set up one of my Mysets as a tripod mode, with IS off, ISO at 200 rather than auto, and aperture priority with the aperture at f5.6.

I'm interested whether anybody else has done this?

• Like Like x 2
  2. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
  3. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Haven't yet, but I like your idea. Might just try that - thanks!

4. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Realllyyy wish Olympus would let you name the mysets. Once you start using them it can be hard to remember what each one is.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Absolutely. Actually I have two tripod modes-one similar to yours, and one with jpeg, 16:9, manual focus for time-lapse.

6. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have one, though not exactly for tripod. I find leaving IBIS on is perfectly fine actually, even for long exposure astrophotography. Mine is M mode, face detect off, S-AF/MF, Live View Boost 1, f/4, 1/250s (sync speed of my slowest flash), ISO200, Kelvin WB. I use it for long exposures on a tripod and manual flash.

7. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Yep, I used to do a bit of night shooting, with tripod, so I had tripod myset. Turn off IS, base iso, 10s timer delay, bracketing as well.

8. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Have you guys told Olympus that? I have and I believe they might react to the suggestion if enough people let them know we wanted that feature...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. lightmonkey

lightmonkey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 22, 2013
  10. robcee

robcee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Rob Campbell
    yeeep. :thumbup:

myset 4 is my super manual, no foolin' mode for product and long exposure photography.