Trip to Philippines (Islands of Palawan & Siargao)

m43happy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Took a trip to the Philippines back in April. Specifically, I visited the islands of Palawan and Siargao during my stay. Finally got around to going through all my pics and post processing some this past week so I'd thought I'd throw them up here. The only gear I brought with me were the E-M1mk2, the Oly 12-40mm, and the Oly 75mm (in case I needed any telephoto shots). I ended up only using the 12-40 the entire time though. Kind of wish I owned the 12-100mm lens specifically for travel for its versatility on the telephoto end. Still, the 12-40 worked out great. There were quite a few shots that definitely put the dynamic range of the E-M1mk2 to the test in post.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The tropical weather changes pretty quickly during the day.

Olympus weather sealing is no joke!

Tiny island life.

Moonrise over Siargao.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
Took a trip to the Philippines back in April. Specifically, I visited the islands of Palawan and Siargao during my stay. Finally got around to going through all my pics and post processing some this past week so I'd thought I'd throw them up here. The only gear I brought with me were the E-M1mk2, the Oly 12-40mm, and the Oly 75mm (in case I needed any telephoto shots). I ended up only using the 12-40 the entire time though. Kind of wish I owned the 12-100mm lens specifically for travel for its versatility on the telephoto end. Still, the 12-40 worked out great. There were quite a few shots that definitely put the dynamic range of the E-M1mk2 to the test in po

View attachment 749727
Very nice pictures. I really love the depth on this one here ^

zzffnn

Mu-43 Veteran
Nice photos for a beautiful country, thank you for sharing @m43happy .

@travelbug and @m43happy ,

Can you still find pretty seashells from shallow water around beaches of the Philippines?

My son and I are avid seashell collectors and bought over half of our shell collection from the Philippines. We plan to go there to collect some more seashells; are there still nice seashells there or most have been picked up professional divers?

Thank you!

travelbug

Mu-43 Veteran
Nice photos for a beautiful country, thank you for sharing @m43happy .

@travelbug and @m43happy ,

Can you still find pretty seashells from shallow water around beaches of the Philippines?

My son and I are avid seashell collectors and bought over half of our shell collection from the Philippines. We plan to go there to collect some more seashells; are there still nice seashells there or most have been picked up professional divers?

Thank you!
Depends on what kind of seashells you want to collect. There are also regulations against picking certain kinds of seashells so I think you'll have to do a bit of research if this is your main objective.

Huislaw

Mu-43 Regular
Nice photos. I like your post processing.
Olympus weather sealing is really amazing.
My 12-40mm was splashed by sea wave and it is still working.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom