Trip to Norther Germany (Hamburg & Ruegen) - Image heavy

Real Name
Rob
Thanks for these Julia, I really enjoyed them. I think my favourite is the monochrome pic in the tunnel. I spent a fantastic 2 weeks in Hamburg in 1984. It looks like it's changed a bit...!

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Ah it reminds me of when I went to Stralsund and Zinnowitz.

I made a stop in Stralsund as well and went to the Ozeaneum (weather was so bad I really didn’t want to walk around outside). I was a bit disappointed by it, but hopefully I’ll be back with better weather and then have the chance to explore the city a bit.

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks for these Julia, I really enjoyed them. I think my favourite is the monochrome pic in the tunnel. I spent a fantastic 2 weeks in Hamburg in 1984. It looks like it's changed a bit...!

Oh, it did change a lot just in the last 10 years. I spent quite some time in Hamburg in the early 2000’s, and was so surprised to see all the new developments, and of course the Elbphilharmonie. Coming from a city of just 500K inhabitants, Hamburg is huge and I just scratched the surface. I think I’ll be visiting my sis quite often next year :D

ADemuth

Mu-43 Veteran
It's been said before, but its worth repeating, great images and I love the narrative. It's nice hearing about how other photographers expect the worst from the conditions they are dealt but come out with superb images anyway.

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's been said before, but its worth repeating, great images and I love the narrative. It's nice hearing about how other photographers expect the worst from the conditions they are dealt but come out with superb images anyway.

Thank you! I always enjoy reading the accounts of others of how they got their images, so I tried to follow in their footsteps :)

BamaBoy

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bob
These are ALL gorgeous images Julia.... I have a newly acquired 12-40 and if anything close to this is what I have to look forward to I will be more than pleased. Just wonderful images.

Alberta Dave

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Great pictures Julia. I visited Hamburg some years ago and was struck by how nicely the city was laid out and that there were no really tall buildings in the area around the Alster Lake.
Thank you for sharing.

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
These are ALL gorgeous images Julia.... I have a newly acquired 12-40 and if anything close to this is what I have to look forward to I will be more than pleased. Just wonderful images.

I think you will love your new lens. At first I was hesitant to pay that much for the lens, especially since it was a tad larger than I was comfortable with. But I don’t have to carry any other lenses (except for maybe a long zoom) and so it’s super comfortable. And the image quality is outstanding.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom