1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Trip to Chicago

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by hamadiscool, Oct 6, 2011.

1. hamadiscool

hamadiscool Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    I went to Chicago with my family recently and it was a great trip! Chicago is such a beautiful city unfortunately I was only there for two nights :(. I made a mistake and shot in RAW, OMG what a pain in the ass to edit 300+ pics. I am never making that mistake again! Took pics with a GF1, 20mm pancake, 9-18mm, and Minolta 50mm 1.4.

Enjoy:

10-6.

11-5.

12-7.

13-5.

14-4.

15-4.

16-4.

18-3.

[​IMG]

20-3.

21-3.

22-1.

23-4.

24-4.

25-4.

26-4.

27-4.

28-3.

29-3.

30-3.

31-3.

33-3.

34-3.

35-3.

36-3.

• Like Like x 10
  2. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Love the images!

3. bnash

bnash Mu-43 Regular

Oct 29, 2010
    Saskatchewan
    Great collection of photos! One of my favourite cities.

Bill

4. hamadiscool

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    fishing for comments ...

5. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Nice pictures. I like that Marilyn statue, I almost thought it was an impersonator until I scrolled down a bit :smile:
    Is the vignetting on some of the photos intentional or is it from the lens?
    oh yeah. that pizza = :eek: insane :biggrin: how much mozzarella do they stuff in there?? :cool:

6. Beady

Beady Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 10, 2012
    Trenton Ohio
    Just curious what editing software you use as you mentioned that shooting in raw is a pain. I shoot everything in raw and just wanted to see what everyone else is doing. Sorry I do not want to hijack your post.

thanks

7. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Very Nice

I now know more about Chicago than I had learned in my previous 62 years. :biggrin:

8. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

The Huge Mirrored Ovoid Art Piece Piqued My Interest

How can such a fantastic structure exist right out in the open and me, internet junky that I am, not know about it? :eek:

They call it The Bean:

chicago_original.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ryanlogic

ryanlogic Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Antakya, Turkey
    Salaams,
    Great shots! Good old Devon (Dewon) st.....makes me crave Biryani just thinking about it.

10. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Nice images, I think my favorite is the b&w cityscape. Glad you had a great trip!

11. AlexH

AlexH Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Arkansas, U.S.
    Great photographs and one of my favorite cities! Tempts me to book a flight this afternoon! :thumbup:

12. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    I like your processing on these shots. You have a very consistent look and feel across the images.

It's always interesting to see how others see the same things; the differences in perspective and what catches our individual eyes are intriguing. I have thought about taking that exact same shot of the bike rentals but never pulled the trigger! ;-)

I especially like the goose and the b&w skyline. The last shot reminds me of my childhood - half of the bungalows in Chicago have that plant lining the shaded sides of the building.

Thanks for posting!

13. hamadiscool

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    It was pretty cool, I think it has been removed already. Vignetting is intentional, I do think I went overboard on some of those pics :p. Chicago deep dish at it's best1

Unfortunately I don't remember b/c it had a 30 day trial and I uninstalled it after it ended.

Chicago is an amazing city, I just wish I had more time than 2 days there!

Everyone takes funny photos there1

Thanks, food wasn't as great as I thought it would be :(.

I normally don't like B&W pics but the colors just didn't turn out good so I thought why not B&W?

14. hamadiscool

Jan 23, 2011
    Texas
    Do it!

Thanks, effective 100mm is a fun focal length for me.

Normally I just play with exposure, gamma, sharpness, and vignetting during PP.

15. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    Mecca, then Chicago? You get around.

Come back to Chicago in December, January, and take that lakefront shot again. :) The ice buildup can be pretty neat to see, too.