Trentham Monkey Forest

Real Name
Richard
The Trentham Monkey Forest is located just to the South of Stoke-on-Trent UK.

It is home to 100+ Barbary macaque monkeys, roaming within an enclosed wooded area through which one can walk. Once inside there are no wires or fences. You are asked not to approach closer than one meter and not to feed them.

There is a pathway which is mostly wheelchair accessible. Struggled coming down some slopes with my wife's chair, but that's down to the driving/braking wheels being at the rear. There are plenty of places to sit.

The monkeys are unphased by human visitors so you can get very close, but they cannot be classed as 'tame' (the group's site at Rocamadour in France allows feeding of popcorn - the monkeys there will sit on the bench with you).

Today's visit wasn't planned and I could have made use of my 40-150mm, but I had got my 75mm which as it turned out, was the only lens I used. All pics EM1 mk2.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Richard
For some reason I have a soft spot for monkey photos. Nice exposures and details in your shots
Thank you. I watched Rob trek's video on tweaking your histogram settings a few weeks ago

Following his advice of erring towards the highlights (I just use the exposure compensation dial), I'm finding my exposures to be much more consistent than they used to be. My starting point in Lightroom is simply to double click highlights, whites and blacks whilst living the shadow slider at the default setting. They look okay across my devices.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom