Trees at Dusk - Industar-69

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by mh2000, Feb 9, 2014.

1. mh2000

mh2000 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  2. soccer_sherpa

soccer_sherpa New to Mu-43

Feb 7, 2014
    Hi Mark, The link provided is not working. Thanks.

3. mh2000

mh2000 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Think it's fixed. thanks! Don't know why this forum truncates addresses and breaks them! Let me know if this doesn't work!

4. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Very nice. Those photos have a coolness to their colouring. It's a stark but relaxing vision.

So I'm curious. What is going on in that lens to make those greys so blueish? It's a mysterious effect that seems to follow these lenses whenever they're used.

I had similar results from my MC Arsat lens years ago.

5. mh2000

mh2000 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks!!! I don't shoot the lens that much, but have gotten more true colors from it as well. These were shot at dusk so the light is more bluish in nature anyway and I just more or less left the color balance as it came out from auto... kind of liked the blue effect as it reflected the feeling I had being there better than balancing it out to neutral. I still don't know why I'm drawn to shoot this lens. I could have taken the same photos, only better, if I had left my Sigma 30 on the camera. Anyway, the photos are fine and the lens feels good on my camera so I think it's all good. I didn't post the photos that flared really bad. Was shooting b&w film when I shot the MC Arsat.

Best!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.