Tree & Sky

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Eternal Newbie, May 14, 2012.

1. Eternal Newbie

Eternal Newbie Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2011
    Wakefield, UK
    Paul Hardy
    Hello

This was taken on Sunday at Brimham Rocks in North Yorkshire, UK

1000759blvs1024.

I thought it would suit monochrome (even this slightly melodramatic treatment).
    Now I think I should have cropped the bottom and RHS to lose the small bush. Would be grateful to hear people's views on that

Thanks
    Paul

• Like Like x 1
  2. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    Thanks for sharing the image with us. I agree that the small bush is distracting - rather than crop, I'd consider cloning it out, with a bit of care it should be do-able. I'd also boost the contrast a bit to give the image more impact.

Nice to meet someone on here from my part of the world.:clap2:

3. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    I would not want to lose too much of the rocks below the tree - doesn't help with this image but I wonder if you could have changed your angle slightly so the lower bush wasn't in the frame but you still had a good line on the rocks/tree/sky?

4. Eternal Newbie

Eternal Newbie Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2011
    Wakefield, UK
    Paul Hardy
    Thanks for your comments.

I honestly thought I'd almost overdone the contrast so your comment is very interesting -- looking again at the levels I see there is still some way I can safely go.

I agree about the angle. It was a bit of a grab shot, and if I had taken a couple of paces to my right I could have moved the smaller bush out of frame.

Will know better next time...!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.