1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tree & Sky

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Eternal Newbie, May 14, 2012.

1. Eternal Newbie

Eternal Newbie Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2011
    Wakefield, UK
    Paul Hardy
    Hello

This was taken on Sunday at Brimham Rocks in North Yorkshire, UK

1000759blvs1024.

I thought it would suit monochrome (even this slightly melodramatic treatment).
    Now I think I should have cropped the bottom and RHS to lose the small bush. Would be grateful to hear people's views on that

Thanks
    Paul

• Like Like x 1
  2. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    Thanks for sharing the image with us. I agree that the small bush is distracting - rather than crop, I'd consider cloning it out, with a bit of care it should be do-able. I'd also boost the contrast a bit to give the image more impact.

Nice to meet someone on here from my part of the world.:clap2:

3. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    I would not want to lose too much of the rocks below the tree - doesn't help with this image but I wonder if you could have changed your angle slightly so the lower bush wasn't in the frame but you still had a good line on the rocks/tree/sky?

4. Eternal Newbie

Eternal Newbie Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2011
    Wakefield, UK
    Paul Hardy
    Thanks for your comments.

I honestly thought I'd almost overdone the contrast so your comment is very interesting -- looking again at the levels I see there is still some way I can safely go.

I agree about the angle. It was a bit of a grab shot, and if I had taken a couple of paces to my right I could have moved the smaller bush out of frame.

Will know better next time...!