Tree Meets Car

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Swandy, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    For those who did not know, the New York area was hit by one of the worst late winter Noreasters in recent memory. (Some forecasters were actually comparing it to the historical Perfect Storm that hit Maine/Newfoundland and had a movie made of it because this was actually 4 lows coming together - unfortunately right over the Northeast!)

Anyway - this was one of the results - some humor to the fact it was a government car (fortunately no one in it at the time).
    EP2 - Oly 40-150 w/adapter.
    Steve
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Steve, as I write this my husband is chainsawing a neighbor's fallen tree - fortunately it fell on her driveway...

I hadn't heard about the "perfect storm" comparison, but it sure was a strange storm with those winds and then thunder!

Good documentation with these and you're right thank goodness no one was in that car.

3. Swandy

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi BBW.
    I had heard one of the weather guys use the reference "perfect storm" but did not make the tie-in to the movie till I saw the weather maps that showed there were actually 4 lows converging on our area.
    Glad that your neighbor's house is OK. One of my neighbor's had two trees hit his house but I believe there was no real damage. Two other neighbors had similar experiences to your friend's (tree in driveway).
    Thanks for looking,
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  4. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    thanks swandy for the shots. becareful and stay safe.

Pete

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Steve, thank you for the story and explanation, as well. Always ready to look at your photos. Glad you're AOK, too.

6. Swandy

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Pete.
    Funny thing - on Saturday afternoon (when the heavy rain and wind really got started) my wife and I were watching television and she said, "Funny we still have power." You see where we live is on a hill with LOTS of old, tall trees and we ALWAYS lose power during storms. Of course - maybe a minute after my better half made her comment BLAM, out went the power.
    Steve

7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    It's kinda ironic that the car is from the Dept of Transportation.....