Tree feature

Discussion in 'Nature' started by brianvickers, Feb 26, 2012.

1. brianvickers

brianvickers Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011

I liked the shape that this tree had grown into, I was thinking about the golden section principle and tried to get an angle that demonstrated this - what do you think ?
    All comments welcome.
    again PEN E-P1 - 14-42mm at 14mm and f14 - hand held at 1/8 second ISO800

Attached Files:

2. brianvickers

Jul 1, 2011
    whats up...nobody heard of the golden section?

3. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I know what it is (1:1.618 rectangle), but I don't see one here.

4. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I've heard of the Golden Rectangle ... and the Golden Mean. I personally prefer a slightly longer rectangle. 3/2 is my fave. 5/4 is ok. I like my 4/3 camera but its aspect is not completely to my liking. Anyway your pic is just not doing anything for me. Sorry. But then I don't like 98% of my pics and toss them. :thumb up:

I feel bad that I am being critical. I know what you probably dig about this image. The sweep of the curving limb and how it draws your eye. Problem is its just a limb. If it had a subject at the end of the rainbow it would be a great image. Maybe an Opossum or a bird or something. :blush:

5. brianvickers

Jul 1, 2011
    Ok maybe it's a claim too far and my cropping could be better, I was trying and failed to compose with the golden section in mind - I have seen examples where the composition fits a spiral within the section..... Must try harder! Thanks for your feedback

6. brianvickers

Jul 1, 2011
    I will train my dog to pose I'm the centre, if it comes off I'll post the result
    Thanks for commenting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.