1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Tree feature

Discussion in 'Nature' started by brianvickers, Feb 26, 2012.

1. brianvickers

brianvickers Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011

I liked the shape that this tree had grown into, I was thinking about the golden section principle and tried to get an angle that demonstrated this - what do you think ?
    All comments welcome.
    again PEN E-P1 - 14-42mm at 14mm and f14 - hand held at 1/8 second ISO800

Attached Files:

2. brianvickers

Jul 1, 2011
    whats up...nobody heard of the golden section?

3. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I know what it is (1:1.618 rectangle), but I don't see one here.

4. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I've heard of the Golden Rectangle ... and the Golden Mean. I personally prefer a slightly longer rectangle. 3/2 is my fave. 5/4 is ok. I like my 4/3 camera but its aspect is not completely to my liking. Anyway your pic is just not doing anything for me. Sorry. But then I don't like 98% of my pics and toss them. :thumb up:

I feel bad that I am being critical. I know what you probably dig about this image. The sweep of the curving limb and how it draws your eye. Problem is its just a limb. If it had a subject at the end of the rainbow it would be a great image. Maybe an Opossum or a bird or something. :blush:

5. brianvickers

Jul 1, 2011
    Ok maybe it's a claim too far and my cropping could be better, I was trying and failed to compose with the golden section in mind - I have seen examples where the composition fits a spiral within the section..... Must try harder! Thanks for your feedback

6. brianvickers

Jul 1, 2011
    I will train my dog to pose I'm the centre, if it comes off I'll post the result
    Thanks for commenting.