1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Trawling the Archives....

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nwheal, Jan 15, 2012.

1. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    I have just been re-organizing my Aperture library and getting ready for all the Oly files that will be flowing into it.

Was looking at some of the unprocessed nikon files that I still have to process and found this one of a little village church near maidstone in kent, UK.

Processed this with a trial version of HDR Efex Pro that I thought I would have a play with. Not done many HDR files so it might be OTT.

Regards

Nigel

• Like Like x 2
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Nice. It almost looks like the Oly Dramatic Tone filter.

I'm not an HDR guy myself, so I couldn't comment on the technicals, but I do like the outcome.

3. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England

Thanks for commenting WT21, it does look similar, one thing for sure though.... its a lot quicker with the pen... none of the PP required.

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    The EXIF says the FL was 22mm, but it feels wider than that for some reason. Which lens did you shoot it with?

5. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    22mm on a full frame D700 is like 11mm on ยต4/3, or about 15mm on APS-C.

In other words, 22mm is really wide.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Stupid me. I forgot he said Nikon (read it the first time, forgot when I posted a second time).

7. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Yep its the full frame flux....

Was using a sigma 17-35 is a cracking lens on FF.

Regards

Nigel