1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

travels without colors - 1st phto book :)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Floyd, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Floyd

Floyd Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 29, 2011
    Howdy all,

In the process of putting together my first photobook....killing 2 birds with 1 stone too...

http://www.adoramapix.com/floydcon/book/viatges-sense-colors/85uq21mtzc

the book is going to be a gift for my mums birthday this year, and also a test run for this type of book in regards to print quality and calibration issues....just wanna see how it looks on their page vs my screen before ordering large flashy books....
    almost half the images in here have been taken with a lumix G1 or G2 with various lenses such as 20mm 1.7, slrmagic 12mm, nikor 50mm 1.4...
    the rest are a mix of olympus c7070 and e-500...as well as some medium format and 35mm....
    just looking for some feedback in what ever area you feel...ie layout, processing, etc etc

Thanks in advance,
    Floyd

• Like Like x 2
  2. AlexH

AlexH Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Arkansas, U.S.
    I don't really have a lot of critique, having never printed one of these, but I really liked it! I would love to receive this as a gift! Excellent photographs, BTW. :thumbup:

3. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nice job, Floyd, your mom is going to get a superb present !

C U,
    Rafael

4. Floyd

Floyd Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 29, 2011
    cheers ya'll!

Cant wait to see it in the flesh...

A Thai mate of mine here has recently opened a bar and asked for a few of my Cambodian shots that he could blow up and frame for the bar...

seeing my images all blown up in actual print form was amazing and made me realize how much we loose by simply keeping our pics on a hard drive...