Travelogue: A Western US Roadtrip (image heavy)

Bristolero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I was a bit sad to leave the Moab area after only two days. There was so much more that I would have liked to explore. Alas, we had to get home. Colorado made that somewhat difficult. I-70 was shut down for 40 or so miles due to another wildfire. This led us down Highway 50, up over Monarch Pass. As mentioned above, it was well into Kansas before we were noticeably clear of smoky skies. We had an evening in Eastern Kansas and a couple days resting in Western Kentucky before making the last few hour trek home.

View attachment 847788
View attachment 847789
View attachment 847790
View attachment 847791
View attachment 847792
View attachment 847793

-----------------

For those interested, here is my gear listing. I brought along my Tenba Solstice 12L backpack. It carried both my E-M5ii and E-M10i, chargers and spare batteries and lenses. Those were the Oly 12-40Pro, Panny 35-100 2.8, Panny 100-300i, Kowa 8.5 and Oly 60 Macro. My most used lens by far was the 12-40, second to that was probably the 100-300 for wildlife. I did really enjoy using the 35-100 for landscape shots, especially for stitching. The Kowa came in handy in Redwoods and at Arches. But really the 12-40 was the workhorse, it rarely left a body for very long. It also did duty for close ups so well that I really didn’t use the 60 Macro much. This surprised me. (Note: any of the images in the thread without lens data were taken with the Kowa.)

*Disclaimer: Traveling by car for over 7200 miles in the middle of a dangerous pandemic is not a good idea. I would suggest not doing so as it puts yourself and others at great risk.

Sunset along the Madison River on the western Edge of Yellowstone.
View attachment 847794

Thanks for looking!
Really, really nice and interesting. Thanks for sharing the adventure!

Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Amazing photos! This is quite the time to be roaming around CA and OR. On the Oregon coast our air is finally clearing up, but it was bad enough to give me a sinus infection in spite of running an air purifier full-time in the house. Hazardous air quality is sure a rarity here, I thought I had left that behind in SoCal.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom