1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Travel to India... What to take with me?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Jennkaotic, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Jennkaotic

Jennkaotic Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 22, 2012
    Hello,

I will be traveling to Bangalore, India on business for 7 weeks. i am trying to get a feel for what I need to take with me... what I need to buy... etc. Currently I have the EPL1 with the Oly 14-40 kit lens, the Oly 40-150, Panny 25mm 1.4, an adapted 50 1.4 Super Takumar and the Konica 55mm macro with teleconverter. I will also be buying a Rokinon Fisheye.

I don't want to drag every lens I own. I am thinking of brining the Fisheye (India is made for wide angle), Panny 25mm, and possibly the 40-150mm for length. I am on the fence with Super Takumar. I really enjoy shooting with that but India moves to fast for manual. I feel with the fisheye and the panny the 14-40 lens is not needed. I very rarely use it now, mostly for wide angle.

Last time I went to India I only brought my point and shoot. All my photos were over exposed. I think I need a neural density filter. Any recommendations which to get?

Thanks

Jenn

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    When I spend some time in India I took my *istD2 (APS-C), a 40 pancake and the 20-35 zoom. There were times I would have liked a bit more reach but this was a surprisingly effective kit.

3. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    I would get a 12mm instead of the fisheye

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Personally I would take everything but the macro. I was in India last year with just about all my lenses (2 bodies, 5 lenses) and I regret nothing..it's a wonderful place to shoot. Though if you think you will go back, no need to overdo it I suppose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.