Travel to India... What to take with me?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Jennkaotic, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Jennkaotic

Jennkaotic Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 22, 2012

I will be traveling to Bangalore, India on business for 7 weeks. i am trying to get a feel for what I need to take with me... what I need to buy... etc. Currently I have the EPL1 with the Oly 14-40 kit lens, the Oly 40-150, Panny 25mm 1.4, an adapted 50 1.4 Super Takumar and the Konica 55mm macro with teleconverter. I will also be buying a Rokinon Fisheye.

I don't want to drag every lens I own. I am thinking of brining the Fisheye (India is made for wide angle), Panny 25mm, and possibly the 40-150mm for length. I am on the fence with Super Takumar. I really enjoy shooting with that but India moves to fast for manual. I feel with the fisheye and the panny the 14-40 lens is not needed. I very rarely use it now, mostly for wide angle.

Last time I went to India I only brought my point and shoot. All my photos were over exposed. I think I need a neural density filter. Any recommendations which to get?

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    When I spend some time in India I took my *istD2 (APS-C), a 40 pancake and the 20-35 zoom. There were times I would have liked a bit more reach but this was a surprisingly effective kit.
  3. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    I would get a 12mm instead of the fisheye
  4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Personally I would take everything but the macro. I was in India last year with just about all my lenses (2 bodies, 5 lenses) and I regret's a wonderful place to shoot. Though if you think you will go back, no need to overdo it I suppose.