1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Travel to Azores

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cvwood, Aug 21, 2011.

1. cvwood

cvwood Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Have the opportunity to travel to the Azores a couple of months. Any phot op suggestions?

2. cvwood

cvwood Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Bumpity....

3. cvwood

cvwood Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Bumpity, bump, bump

4. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Hey.

Which island or islands are you visiting and which week(s)??? I've been to Sao Miguel quite a bit growing up.. might have a few spots for you worth checking out.

5. cvwood

cvwood Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    We'll be docking in Ponta Delgada for a day in October.

6. compositor20

compositor20 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2010
    for Nature these are the 3 most beautyfull lagoons at the island : Lagoa 7 Cidades (my favorite), Lagoa do Fogo (nature in its pure state), Lagoa das Furnas with its hot waters and smoke. Then there are other pretty places like Mosteiros, Povoação valley, Salto do Cavalo, sightseeing of Ponta do Sol and Ponta da Saudade near Nordeste, Faial da Terra, Lagoas Empadadas, Lagoa de S. Brás and Lagoa of Congro), Tea plantations of Gorreana, Monte Escuro, Caldeira Velha, Waterfall of Achada.

for cities/village you need to go to Ponta Delgada the capital city and the village of Furnas with its Terra Nostra Park (Ribeira Grande, Vila Franca do Campo, and Nordeste may be interesting too)

Some beaches i like : Povoação, Porto Formoso, Ferraria, Mosteiros, Ribeira Quente, Caloura

7. cvwood

cvwood Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    Wow! Thanks!

8. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Are you taking a cruise and docking?

How are you intending on getting around the island or will you mainly be staying within walking distance of the dock? Reason I ask is there is a great fish wholesale fish bizarre/market very old style I believe in Lagoa do Fogo. However, getting there when the fisherman come in might be tough as it's usually pretty early in the morning from what I remember. That would be a great photo op if you could make it. Watching all the boats come in, fishermen pulling the fish off the boats, market and buyers auction.