1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Transitioning to Sony A7 ii

Discussion in 'Back Room' started by zulfur666, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
  2. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    I'll see if I can get some raws uploaded...

3. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

zulfur666.. Get the 16-35/4. Awesome lens for the A-series. I use it on my A7S and love it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    'slrgear' is just a site name, not a definition of their scope. You obviously haven't looked yet.

Mirrorless only? That didn't stop you referring to photozone. ;) 

5. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I was being sarcastic

6. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    More interested in your opinion of the Zeiss f/4 zoom now, vs 12-40 Oly

7. ijm5012

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I could care less about how it performs compared to the 12-40 Oly, because I own neither lens. I own a Panasonic 12-35, and am more than pleased with how it performs (like others have said in here, I don't take pictures of test charts, so as long as I am happy with the images it produces, that's what really matters).

I still don't understand why you're so adamant in convincing everybody that the 12-40 is superior than the 24-70 for the A7. The OP wasn't happy with m43, changed to Sony's FE system, and is happy now. If he thinks the 24-70 is better than the 12-40, then so be it. His opinions have no bearing on how your lenses perform, or the pictures you take.

It should still be pretty warm in Australia this time of year. Why not go out and take some pictures rather than sitting on this thread trying to oppose everything the OP says?

• Like Like x 1
  8. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I disagree! Within the OP's first six posts at Talkemount, he was complaining about his new a7ii!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. macro

macro Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yeah that's the advantage with m4/3 and the Oly I use, its perfect in every single way you could think of. Just can't fault the system at all and that's why we never see any complaints about it in any m4/3 forum. Wonderful system :026:

Danny.

10. Goodness knows, no one should ever have to back up anything that they said on the internet with examples/comparisons/facts/etc.

11. Vinpocetine

Vinpocetine Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2014
    Really? You're calling out OP for saying:

And then listing two niggles with Sony's smartphone connect software? It doesn't take the timezone from the phone and apply it to the camera's firmware when you're travelling? Pretty sure that's not going to be a deal breaker.

I mean, if those are his only complaints with the system, the grass appears to be pretty freaking green over there. It's not like he said the IQ sucks or something.

It's a little cringey that you tracked him down over there, then came back to this thread to post that as some sort of evidence that he's unhappy with his system. Talk about grasping at straws.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.