Transitioning to Sony A7 ii

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAubrey

Photographer
Real Name
Mike Aubrey
Great shots, MAubrey. Demonstrates the point well - and also shows just how good the Oly 75 is to compete with the Canon 85L on an FF sensor. Wow. It would be interesting to see how they'd look with the white balance equalized, too.
I'll see if I can get some raws uploaded...

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
Why would I got to slrgear? I don't own an slr. Hell, I don't even own a dslr. I own a mirrorless camera (two actually, a GH3 and GH4). Is there a dedicated website for mirrorless cameras?
'slrgear' is just a site name, not a definition of their scope. You obviously haven't looked yet.

Mirrorless only? That didn't stop you referring to photozone. ;)

Real Name
Ian
I could care less about how it performs compared to the 12-40 Oly, because I own neither lens. I own a Panasonic 12-35, and am more than pleased with how it performs (like others have said in here, I don't take pictures of test charts, so as long as I am happy with the images it produces, that's what really matters).

I still don't understand why you're so adamant in convincing everybody that the 12-40 is superior than the 24-70 for the A7. The OP wasn't happy with m43, changed to Sony's FE system, and is happy now. If he thinks the 24-70 is better than the 12-40, then so be it. His opinions have no bearing on how your lenses perform, or the pictures you take.

It should still be pretty warm in Australia this time of year. Why not go out and take some pictures rather than sitting on this thread trying to oppose everything the OP says?

Vinpocetine

Mu-43 Regular
I disagree! Within the OP's first six posts at Talkemount, he was complaining about his new a7ii!
Really? You're calling out OP for saying:

here are my (minor) complaints I think could be improved
And then listing two niggles with Sony's smartphone connect software? It doesn't take the timezone from the phone and apply it to the camera's firmware when you're travelling? Pretty sure that's not going to be a deal breaker.

I mean, if those are his only complaints with the system, the grass appears to be pretty freaking green over there. It's not like he said the IQ sucks or something.

It's a little cringey that you tracked him down over there, then came back to this thread to post that as some sort of evidence that he's unhappy with his system. Talk about grasping at straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom