Transform ANY bag into a photobag ...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by f6cvalkyrie, Sep 14, 2012.

1. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    • Like Like x 1
  2. duvinclunk

duvinclunk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    Very neat. I feel like myself, and I'd say likely probably 90% of men, wouldn't be able to have the same outcome. She makes it look easy.

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I use a canvas bag filled with packing peanuts. :) it would be nice to be that "crafty".

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Interesting idea - I just used inserts left over from other camera bags in a small bag I purchased for my :43: gear. They tend to move around a bit, don't know if it bothers me enough to make something like this. :biggrin:

5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I often use whatever bag that I like and use towels on the inside or simply no padding.

I definitely need to get a sewing machine... love the idea and miss not being able to hem my own cloths.

6. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Yes, no inserts of padding for me. I find inserts restrictive. I like to hang loose (everything is nice and snug like a Tetris game in fact).

7. rash_powder

rash_powder Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    One could go to the local home improvement store and get some of sheet of that blue foam insulation, some foam safe glue, and then from Walmart or somewhere similar a felt like material of your choice. Cut the foam sheet into a small board roughly the shape of your bag. Cut slightly oversized holes for the lenses and camera body. Copy that board into one or two more to create the depth you want. Glue together. Glue felt like material over the whole thing and into your cut outs.

If you are a man and worried about running a sewing machine it isn't really that hard. The above would likely be more man friendly. Tools needed would be a knife and scissors.