1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Transfer images to laptop

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by TomServo, Aug 4, 2015.

1. TomServo

TomServo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    OK, this may have been asked before but is there a way to set up an EM1 to automatically transfer a captured image (raw) to a laptop after shooting a shot? I know I can shoot tethered but I don't really care for having a long cable hooked up to the camera and the Post shoot preview seems small (maybe I've missed a way to increase the size of that panel?)

My goal is to have my laptop set up and display images after shooting a shot. This is for headshots so I'd like the client to be able to see what I just shot. I don't want to use the mobile device option as I want to hold the camera and shoot and not set it just on a tripod. Any way I can have the image files automatically copy over wifi short of getting an EyeFi card?

2. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Simple answer. No.

3. TomServo

TomServo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    OK. fair enough :)

4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I've seen presentations with a Pana GX7 (iirc) where the hdmi cable was connected to a TV, and images would display briefly on the tv (or longer by pressing Play), I suspect Oly's with hdmi could do the same thing (with a TV or monitor).

Barry

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Well your answer is right there in the EyeFi (or similar) card, but then you dismissed it! :)

6. TomServo

TomServo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    I know, right!? That might be the way to go. It just seems redundant to me to have to get a wifi card for a camera that has wifi built in :)