Transfer images to laptop

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by TomServo, Aug 4, 2015.

1. TomServo

TomServo Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    OK, this may have been asked before but is there a way to set up an EM1 to automatically transfer a captured image (raw) to a laptop after shooting a shot? I know I can shoot tethered but I don't really care for having a long cable hooked up to the camera and the Post shoot preview seems small (maybe I've missed a way to increase the size of that panel?)

My goal is to have my laptop set up and display images after shooting a shot. This is for headshots so I'd like the client to be able to see what I just shot. I don't want to use the mobile device option as I want to hold the camera and shoot and not set it just on a tripod. Any way I can have the image files automatically copy over wifi short of getting an EyeFi card?

2. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Simple answer. No.

3. TomServo

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    OK. fair enough :)

4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I've seen presentations with a Pana GX7 (iirc) where the hdmi cable was connected to a TV, and images would display briefly on the tv (or longer by pressing Play), I suspect Oly's with hdmi could do the same thing (with a TV or monitor).

Barry

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

Well your answer is right there in the EyeFi (or similar) card, but then you dismissed it! :)

6. TomServo

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    I know, right!? That might be the way to go. It just seems redundant to me to have to get a wifi card for a camera that has wifi built in :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.