Trains! All aboard! Post your railroad photos

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
I love that last one, fantastic.
Thanks for your kind words!
That picture stroke me as well, I don't know why I haven't really discovered it earlier, since it was taken back in 2016. Maybe because the unprocessed RAW back then wasn't as useable, the highlights were completely blown out and the shadows looked crushed. However after revisiting it today with better experience in PP and PhotoLab 5, I figured out it was one of those few hidden gems.

I like how the switching engine is framed almost perfectly, the stark contrast between the bright spring day and the dark, gritty inside of the roundhouses workshop. The railroader walking towards the camera, the oil, grease and water reflecting the light and the old steel cranes as the background. It almost takes me back to an era long gone.

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
Two and a half months without a new photo, it's about time. The sun was already setting on a nice Easter sunday, as the currently most expensive locomotive in Germany passed by - the Stadler Euro Dual. Besides being a six axle engine, which already is utterly rare in this country, it is a full hybrid loco: A fully functional diesel-electic as well as a fully functional electric engine. With the front panto raised to the overhead wire, the loco zips by in electric mode.

52011169033_e286141b9f_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSCF2496_DxO by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

SilverShutter

Mu-43 Regular
P1034016.jpg

High speed "Avant" trains in Toledo, Spain.

Glennn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Glen
I just found this fun thread yesterday.
I posted the attached elsewhere here, but figured it belonged here as well.

Last summer....I got lucky with this quickly thrown together shot, plus the rain fell for only about 5 minutes, then stopped.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m72DVz]
51264049567_03e4820618_c.jpg
Rain train by Glen Brenner, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:

Herbert Hound

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Colin
You'll have to imagine the train in this photo... for obvious reasons!! For those of you who know the UK railways I hasten to add that I wasn't trespassing on the line (£1000 fine!)... it was a designated pedestrian crossing.

P4240019-HDR-Edit-2.jpg

Real Name
Todd Cleaver
You'll have to imagine the train in this photo... for obvious reasons!! For those of you who know the UK railways I hasten to add that I wasn't trespassing on the line (£1000 fine!)... it was a designated pedestrian crossing.

View attachment 949371
That is a very nice look you have there. Don’t know if it was from the capture or in post but the feel is just perfect for the scene.

Herbert Hound

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Colin
That is a very nice look you have there. Don’t know if it was from the capture or in post but the feel is just perfect for the scene.
Thanks very much Todd... it's always good to hear kind words. This is the original shot so you can see that most of the heavy lifting was done in post. It's a hand-held exposure bracket shot... I thought putting up a tripod on the railway line was pushing my luck a bit!:biggrin:

P4240019.jpg

bristolgravel

Mu-43 Regular
P1120619.jpg

Mike.K

Mu-43 Regular
Not your normal railway image but can anyone guess what this signifies, This is railway related. more photos later.
_5160012.jpg

Mike.K

Mu-43 Regular
The1825 way is a road that is very close to the tracks of the Stockton & Darlington railway, we are coming up to the 200th of the opening of the line and I expect there will be celebrations in the area, There is a museum at the north road station Darlington , the National Railway Museum is in York and another at Shildon which houses locomotion number one which was the first steam engine to pull a passenger carrying train on a public railway. The North Yorkshire moors railway is close and also a museum at Beamish that has running trains.
_5160014.jpg
_5160015.jpg
_5160019.jpg
_5160021.jpg
_5160018.jpg

the grass on the photo below is where the original line ran.
_5160025.jpg

Glennn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Glen
49742895-4B55-47FE-8DE1-BFDC0CA21408.jpeg
Last fall. Another hastily made shot. Image suffered from soft focus, camera shake, or both, but I like the implied size and motion captured.

LightSpeed

Mu-43 Top Veteran
SRbMCMR.jpg

GBarrington

Mu-43 All-Pro
View attachment 953595 Last fall. Another hastily made shot. Image suffered from soft focus, camera shake, or both, but I like the implied size and motion captured.
Nice shot! I see, like me, you spell your first name with a single "n". Simple, yet elegant.

WAY too many people live their desparate lives in darkness, spelling the world's most perfect first name with 2 'n's

Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Late night, freight train coming through the station at Klamath Falls, Oregon.

EP5_Aug5_22_nocturnal_train.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom