Trains! All aboard! Post your railroad photos

Alberta Dave

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Dave
A picture from todays ride about which included the Alberta Central Railway where Canadian Pacific 8015 is preserved and running.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OldRex

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

La Bastide-Puylaurent railway station - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-02 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

As you leave La Bastide-Puylaurent the Chemin de Stevenson passes the La Bastide-Puylaurent railway station which appears to still be in use. Just past the station, the trail crosses the railway line and the ascent out of the river valley begins.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Mack

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Fwiw, Union Pacific is putting their Big Boy #4014 steam engine on the tracks today for a "The Great Race Across the Southwest." "The Great Race Across the Southwest" tour.

I'd like to try and photograph it, but given the flatlands of the desert around Las Vegas to LA it is sort of unappealing for a background.

There is a mountain pass along Hwy. 15 into LA from Las Vegas near Riverside, CA that might provide some background scenery. Problem is where and what side of tracks for maximum steam showing?

Too bad they couldn't have chosen the Tehachapi Loop tracks (West of Tehachapi, CA) when it is green in the spring, but the tracks don't go south into LA from there. That or the tracks along the Feather River (Hwy. 70) in No. CA.

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
Fwiw, Union Pacific is putting their Big Boy #4014 steam engine on the tracks today for a "The Great Race Across the Southwest." "The Great Race Across the Southwest" tour.

I'd like to try and photograph it, but given the flatlands of the desert around Las Vegas to LA it is sort of unappealing for a background.

There is a mountain pass along Hwy. 15 into LA from Las Vegas near Riverside, CA that might provide some background scenery. Problem is where and what side of tracks for maximum steam showing?

Too bad they couldn't have chosen the Tehachapi Loop tracks (West of Tehachapi, CA) when it is green in the spring, but the tracks don't go south into LA from there. That or the tracks along the Feather River (Hwy. 70) in No. CA.
Here is my one and only still photo of UP 4140. I took a crappy video that I may try to fix. I also tried to get to the next stop, but a 5 car pile up of train chasers and a road that didn't really go through (MAP LIED), so I missed it's departure.

48849213027_160278f0cc_k.jpg
EM126032-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

And the video:

Last edited:

aKilter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
David
B8D0B5F9-62E4-4A90-8E0F-2D22FC9E184F.jpeg

8C20273B-8C74-447A-A16D-EE73ED31B734.jpeg

Chesapeake & Ohio 2700 / OnePlus 6T

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom