Tracking mode documented in EXIF?

ephophex

New to Mu-43
I've been trying to reconstruct my settings for a few motorpsports shots that turned out well. Of chief concern is whether I used tracking, or basic C-AF (note: yeah, I *really* should have kept better notes while shooting).

Olympus Workspace has a field "Focus Mode"; but for test shots I've taken with C-AF MF and C-AF+TR MF, the entry is the same: "Continuous AF + MF."

I also tried PIE; but it's even less specific, as far as I can tell. for "Focus Mode," it has "MF; C-AF; MF, Image AF AF Used; 64" for both C-AF MF and C-AF+TR MF. I got the same results from EXIFTool.

Are there other entries in the EXIF data that can be used to deduce whether tracking was used, assuming it's not spelled out explicitly?

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
If you're feeling motivated enough, you could try using the -u option with exiftool, which will show you all the "unknown" tags... then look for one who's value differs always and only between the two types of images. If you discover anything, report it back to the exiftool developer! ;)

ephophex

New to Mu-43
Solid suggestion, junkyardsparkle; thanks. I'll take a run at that over the next couple of days.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom