1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tourist Photos

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by angloasturian, Jun 16, 2011.

1. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Cliché? Maybe, but some of those pictures are pretty awesome :smile:

2. Covey22

Covey22 Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2011
    New England, USA
    Cliches be darned. If I'm someplace that's a famous landmark, you bet your bippy I'm taking a photo - cliched or not.

3. I'm not a fan of those type of images, but I suppose most of us have tried something similar from time to time.

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac33/ttlonline/m43/P1030796-PR.jpg" border="0" height="500" alt="Photobucket"></a>

As for the article's suggestion to leave your camera at home when you're on holiday - nuts to that!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I, too, am not a big fan of pictures that Luckypenguin showed, but darn it! Have tickets, will take snapshots!

For me the article reeks of snobbery, turning its nose up on the common man. I mean, c'mon, how many times will I get to see the Taj Mahal, if I ever do? The writer might have photographic memory (pun fully intended!) when he suggests not to bring one's camera, but my memory couldn't even handle a simple question like how old I am.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    That's my same kind of thinking Hyubie. If I'm going on vacation I will be taking pictures the whole time. I've been to a few different European countries and had a camera each time. Even if I visit the same places again in the future I will have a camera with me.

6. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [hijack] The Taj Mahal is the single most amazing man-made thing I have ever seen. Period and no contest. It ALMOST, ALMOST, makes travel in India worth it. [/hijack]

That said, I DO think there is some validity to the fact that a lot of people don't actually SEE the attraction until they review the pictures on the screen later.

... and no, I don't take the "holding it up" pictures... although, I thought the salt flat one was actually pretty cool.

I will be taking my camera in any case. I do not take pictures where it is posted not allowed, and I never take pictures of people worshipping in their temple/mosque/church/whatever.

7. I'm sure that being a travel correspondent might have given this guy a different perspective than most of us, but as a mere occasionally travelling mortal I will continue to carry a camera.

[secondary hijack] I will be amazed if I ever see a more beautiful building than the Taj Mahal, and I have yet to see an image that truly does it justice (and I've seen some pretty amazing images of it) [/secondary hijack]

8. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Some of them are good, especially this one especially if one straighten the horizon.

9. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [tertiary hijack] I think this is my favorite picture I took:
    ry%3D400.

But when it came time to print one for the photo wall in my office, I went with the cliche:
    ry%3D400.

[/tertiary hijack]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Well, you know what they say: if it ain't broke...

(I know, cliche.)

11. [quaternary hijack] Great images, both. Two and a half years on, I'm only just starting to review and upload my India photos. This is my only Taj shot online so far - not a standard view, but fairly amusing. Sorry I can't display an image directly because I can't log in to flickr at work and get the code, so link only:

IMG_3112-PPR Taj Mahal Agra India - Travel | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

[/quaternary hijack]

12. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Actually, it is OK to have fun with photography.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dgrachee

dgrachee New to Mu-43

Jun 13, 2011
    Philippines
    This is one thing I will never do - to not bring a camera when travelling. Most often than not, I would only want to travel to places once so that is why I will definitely bring a camera. Should there be instances that I definitely know I can come back to a particular place I like anytime then I guess I will consider not bringing a camera and just be in the moment.

But I do remember one time not taking so much pictures on a trip. This was on a trip when my battery just died and I'm left without a choice but to use the nasty cellphone camera instead.

15. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    You know, its not about the quality of photos when it comes to shots like these. These types of shots are for memories of being somewhere.

16. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
  17. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    More cliches..

DSC_1638.

but I believe this one is not so common :biggrin:

DSC_1900.