1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Touch screen focus in video OMD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by spacecreature, Dec 7, 2012.

1. spacecreature

spacecreature Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to clear something out. Does the one touch focus feature on the em5 Omd whereby you touch on the area of the lcd screen for instant autofocus in photo mode also work in video?? Coz I tried going through the menus and couldn't find a way to make it work. Similarly when I manual focus in photo i get the magnify feature to assist and making focusing easier, but in video mode it doesnt happen. I also enabled magnify and set it to Fn2 but also when I try to use it in video mode its not working. Can you please tell me if those two features also work in video? Thanks in advance.

2. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    I think only the E-PL5 and E-PM2 have it at this point, although won't be hard to add in a FW update, Oly!

3. spacecreature

spacecreature Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2012
    Ah ok thanks I was going mad trying to make it work. I hope they add it in their next firmware update then . What about the magnify feature for easier focusing though, does that also not work in video?