1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Totally Off Topic: Who watches American Idol?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by voyager, Jan 14, 2010.

1. voyager

voyager  

Dec 31, 2009
    If you do, you'll know what this means: Pants on the ground.

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

OK, I'll fess up that I watched it the first year with our then 13 year old daughter, but I'm afraid that I can't help you with anything more current or "pants on the ground".

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I've watched many AI shows over the years. It's much more enjoyable to me than most of the shows my wife likes :rolleyes:. I haven't watched recently though, so pants on the ground :confused:.

4. markjacob

markjacob New to Mu-43

Jan 19, 2010
    Hi.
    It is a song. And it means down to earth.

5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    There must be an appropriate anagram , (do I feel a contest coming on), that can be made up from those two words

IMHO it is part of the "rot" in modern society

but why shouldn't Simon Cowell screw everyone - the Bankers did quite well

I can always be relied upon to go :eek:fftopic:

No I don't watch it - I have done once or twice when my daughter has been at home!!!!!!!!! Grrrrh :wink:

6. blork

blork Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 31, 2009
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Um. I watch AI occasionally, and I saw the "Pants on the Ground" episode. It does NOT mean "down to earth!"

The story: during AI tryouts, an older gentleman came in (60+, when the upper limit for contestants is 28) and he sang a song of his own composition. The lyrics refer to how stupid kids look when their pants are slung so low they don't even cover the person's ass.

The whole thing was a lark, and a bunch of people have made mashups of it, which you can view on YouTube by searching for "pants on the ground."

Here are some of the lyrics:

Pants on the ground
    Pants on the ground
    Lookin’ like a fool with you pants on the ground
    Gold in your mouth
    Hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground
    Call yourself a cool cat looking like a fool
    Walking down town with your pants on the ground
    get it up!!