Totally Off Topic: Who watches American Idol?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I've watched many AI shows over the years. It's much more enjoyable to me than most of the shows my wife likes :rolleyes:. I haven't watched recently though, so pants on the ground :confused:.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
There must be an appropriate anagram , (do I feel a contest coming on), that can be made up from those two words

IMHO it is part of the "rot" in modern society

but why shouldn't Simon Cowell screw everyone - the Bankers did quite well

I can always be relied upon to go :eek:fftopic:

No I don't watch it - I have done once or twice when my daughter has been at home!!!!!!!!! Grrrrh :wink:

blork

Mu-43 Rookie
Um. I watch AI occasionally, and I saw the "Pants on the Ground" episode. It does NOT mean "down to earth!"

The story: during AI tryouts, an older gentleman came in (60+, when the upper limit for contestants is 28) and he sang a song of his own composition. The lyrics refer to how stupid kids look when their pants are slung so low they don't even cover the person's ass.

The whole thing was a lark, and a bunch of people have made mashups of it, which you can view on YouTube by searching for "pants on the ground."

Here are some of the lyrics:

Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Lookin’ like a fool with you pants on the ground
Gold in your mouth
Hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground
Call yourself a cool cat looking like a fool
Walking down town with your pants on the ground
get it up!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom