Toronto, Ontario

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by aymc, Aug 2, 2013.

1. aymc

aymc New to Mu-43

Aug 2, 2013
    Hi, I'm new to these forums and relatively new to my Olympus OMD. Any tips for improvements? Particularly in editing - I use picassa.

Attached Files:

2. willsterstyle

willsterstyle Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    Will
    Nice work! I'm from TO as well. What lenses are you using here?

3. aymc

aymc New to Mu-43

Aug 2, 2013
    Thanks! I used the Samyang fisheye 7.5mm for the wide angle shots, panasonic 45-200mm for the baseball shot, and the olympus 45mm prime for the street shots.

4. willsterstyle

willsterstyle Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    Will
    Sweet! I have yet to try the Samyang yet. How do you like it?

And as for the baseball shot, were you shooting at the 45mm range? Even if that's the case, it looks a lot wider than it really was but I guess you guys were all the way back.

5. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

Nice shots and editing, i'm not a fan of how dark the baseball and street shot is, some people are completely blacked out.

But the photo and composition is good!

6. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    I loved in TO for many years, and I really appreciate your images. I also like the looks you chose for processing, including the accentuated contrast. I agree that the blacks are perhaps a bit inky, was this an artistic decision, or just by happenstance? If not intentional, I'd probably raise the mid-shadows a bit, but still allow a certain percentage of the darkest shadows to fall to black, for impact.

It's not clear whether you're working with jpegs or RAW files. If jpegs, you're a bit more limited with this type of fine-tuning.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Brian

7. aymc

aymc New to Mu-43

Aug 2, 2013
    The first baseball shot was with the samyang fisheye. The second was with my panasonic tele.

The Samyang is amazing. Great quality for the price and very fun to use. I just got it so Im still getting used to it.

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    First 3 shots are stunners - you don't need any tips! :smile:

9. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Oh man the Jays are terrible....