1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Topcon Auto 100 "UV" lens adapter?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by lattiboy, Jan 6, 2012.

1. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Hi all,

I have a chance to pickup the exact camera/lens pictured here:

1964 Beseler Topcon Auto 100 @ Marc Rochkind's Blog

For a great price. However, I don't know if there has been any progress on the "UV" lens adapter front. I understand the problem is that the aperture control is "in camera" and you need to do a fair amount of frankensteining to get it out. I'd love to try out the fast 35mm f/2 that is included, but I'm not into a lot of metal-work or other surgery.

Anybody have a lead on this?

thanks!

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    That picture you linked to shows a 53mm lens, not a 35mm f/2. "Nifty fifties" from the various companies are a dime a dozen, just get one that is readily adaptable such as Canon FD, Konica Hexanon, Minolta Rokkor, Olympus OM, etc. Less money, less hassle, and equal or superior results.

3. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Are you sure we're seeing the same thing?

The photo in this link:

1964 Beseler Topcon Auto 100 @ Marc Rochkind's Blog

Shows the Auto 100 with a 35mm f/2 on it. Unless there is some re-direction weirdness going on.

I have a billion other lenses in alt mounts, but this one seems really interesting...

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Latiiboy, I think you may be getting confused by the upside down lettering on the lens. Try rotating your monitor (or head). It sure looks like 53mm to me, not 35.

5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Print out that webpage, and hold the piece of paper upside down. That is absolutely, 100% positively a 53mm lens. Look up the camera on any webpage, and it will back that fact up as well. However, even if it was a 35mm lens, which again, it assuredly is not, it would still be worth it to follow my advice above and get yourself any 35mm lens that will readily adapt to our cameras without issue. My excellent advice is independent of the focal length desired.

6. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Durrrrrrr. Okay, I feel kind of dumb now. Jesus, I spend half my day checking out awkward photos on ebay.

*law & order noise*

WITHDRAWN!

7. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    No worries, happens to the best of us.