Topaz Studio 2 Update

grcolts

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Gary
As of March 1st, 2021, Topaz Studio 2 has an update. It delivers bug fixes, compatibility with Mac OS Big Sur plus lots more. Seems quicker to me as well?

BDR-529

Mu-43 Top Veteran
(CORRECTERD) Topaz Denoise AI 3.02 has just been launched and it's a free download if 12 month upgrage period (or longer) is still valid.

I made a quick testshot since we have finally one clear night here. At least it does pretty good job at selecting stars from the noise.

2000x1500 crop from a 20MP original RAW. ISO1600, No denoise
Cropped RAW.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2000*1500 Crop from same RAW file denoised with Topaz (and cropped with Darktable)
Cropped Topaz.jpg

Original 20MP RAW file denoised with Topaz
Full Topaz.jpg

Last edited:

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Topaz Studio 3.02 has just been launched and it's a free download if 12 month upgrage period (or longer) is still valid.

I made a quick testshot since we have finally one clear night here. At least it does pretty good job at selecting stars from the noise.

2000x1500 crop from a 20MP original RAW. ISO1600, No denoise
View attachment 879906

2000*1500 Crop from same RAW file denoised with Topaz (and cropped with Darktable)
View attachment 879907

Original 20MP RAW file denoised with Topaz
View attachment 879908

Hmm! I don't see it offered on the US website! And the Topaz forums don't mention it

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
Topaz Studio 3.02 has just been launched

I think you are referring to the new update of Denoise-AI. Topaz Studio is still at version 2.3x.

Be advised that x.0.[1-2] versions are typically a bumpy ride. So, the critical question is whether one can (easily) install a new version while keeping the old one intact. With this specific situation, the question has been asked, but the answer has been murky.

Denoise-3.JPG

Last edited:

BDR-529

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think you are referring to the new update of Denoise-AI. Topaz Studio is still at version 2.3x.

You are absolutely right. Sample is of course from Denoise 3.02 which was just released. Mental note to myself: never try to do anything too late in the evening 😁

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom