Topaz noise AI discount

3dpan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alec
Do you have the suite? If so would you consider it a better way to go?
Presumably, except that I've only downloaded PS and LR.
I use PS most of the time, just occasionally LR for CA removal.
I have a rental agreement at $9.95 (or something) per month.

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Presumably, except that I've only downloaded PS and LR.
I use PS most of the time, just occasionally LR for CA removal.
I have a rental agreement at $9.95 (or something) per month.
I have been on the fence about Topaz but a lot of people seem impressed and was inquiring if you had gotten their whole suite on trial which can be purchased at a discount.I read your other post about not being familiar with LR honestly I think the learning curve is more of a bump compared to PS, especially if you are familiar with camera raw.

11GTCS

Mu-43 Regular
I just snagged it. The fact that the youtubers discount (AMDISC15) still works made it a no brainer. $50.99 was a price I could justify, and now a lot of bird shots I didn’t think would be usable should be recoverable! Thanks for the tip

3dpan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alec
I have been on the fence about Topaz but a lot of people seem impressed and was inquiring if you had gotten their whole suite on trial which can be purchased at a discount.I read your other post about not being familiar with LR honestly I think the learning curve is more of a bump compared to PS, especially if you are familiar with camera raw.
OOPS, I mis-read your question about the whole suite. For some reason I was thinking of the Photoshop suite.
So, the correct answer about the Topaz suite is that I only have the DeNoise Al option. That's the one I had on trial, and just bought today at the sale price of $59 minus the AM coupon = $50.99. I know nothing about the rest of the suite. Didn't see any reason to consider it.

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
If you purchase Topaz Studio 2 you get denoise, ai clear and much more in one complete package, fyi.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
No, I don't see any mention of denoise AI in Topaz Studio 2 either.

Indeed, their bundles strongly imply two distinct product sets: https://topazlabs.com/ai-bundle/

Comically they state 'frictionless masking' as a feature of Topaz Studio 2 then bundle with with Mask AI. While I acknowledge that there are different aspects of masking and there may be different features in each, it certainly doesn't help me believe that buying the Studio product will grant access to DeNoise AI features.

apisto

Mu-43 Rookie
Yes, De-noise AI is a separate purchase from Studio 2.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
I originally stated AI Denoise came with Studio 2 and I stand corrected. Topaz Studio 2 does come with AI Clear which works very well at sharpening and removing noise on its own. Studio 2 does have a separate noise removal but not Denoise 2. Hope this clears things up. Sorry for the confusion.

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
Still holding the discount wich runs for another week, found another fifteen % on top of that, from that youtube fellow in the top post. The Utility bundle was to be had for 165 USD. Very sensible price in my book.

Real Name
Roddy
For something to do this evening, I downloaded a trial of both Studio 2 and AI Adjust. A quick glance at AI Adjust (which is yet another of those programs that offer HDR presets and so on) reveals an interesting tool in the dedicated Controls menu - a Remove Artifacts slider at the bottom of the Detail panel. Seems to work very well for quick editing....have not yet touched Studio, will report back later.

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
For something to do this evening, I downloaded a trial of both Studio 2 and AI Adjust. A quick glance at AI Adjust (which is yet another of those programs that offer HDR presets and so on) reveals an interesting tool in the dedicated Controls menu - a Remove Artifacts slider at the bottom of the Detail panel. Seems to work very well for quick editing....have not yet touched Studio, will report back later.
Studio 2 has the remove artifacts option slider as well.

Real Name
Roddy
Topaz Studio 2 seems a decent program. Does not crash on my Mac like so many others, and has some very decent tools and filters. Masking is a breeze, too. I like it quite a bit so far....28 days more to play with it but it may be a purchase. AI Clear (one of the filters) is a real CPU hog, but seems to do a good job, and the Precision Contrast and Dual Tone filters are subtle but effective.

AI Sharpen is better than Luminar for adjustments if you like that sort of thing, but no need to buy it if one has Studio 2, I think.

An example below of a fairly drab scene I worked on last night. I may not be an expert but it works for me, and yes, I DO like colour :D.

BEFORE

AFTER (includes a touch of straightening)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom