Top Secret, Do not cross-post

GaryCh

Mu-43 Regular
Brothers! Those snotty Olympus users have been lording it over us for far too long. Time to unite against the OPSG

I suggest we meet up and organise a safari within a safari. Let them click their piccies unawares... While we, hidden in the undergrowth, take photographs of their herd.

Best Panny picture of an Oly user in hunting stance will win a prize.

P.S. Seriously though, can we Panny folks get in on the action ? I'm feeling a little left out : )

-Gary

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Arf Arf!

My avatar shows a Pany Poseur en Hunting Posture, looking for an outing en masse in Southern Ontario.

Bokeh D

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
If any Panasonic camera shooters would like to set up a tutorial - please do so, I'm sure that everyone would be thrilled. All it takes is time, so go for it!:2thumbs: I'm completely serious. People that have knowledge are encouraged to share it and if it can be done in an organized way - whether it's a set of video tutorials or some other form, I know that it would be welcomed.

Should anyone decide to, just run it by Amin by posting a thread about your plans.

Meanwhile, check out the Panny Image Threads - they're quite good.:biggrin:

P.S. Gary, I know you're mostly teasing, but just so you know the Olympus Safari Group is Brian Mosely's baby...and not part of mu-43.com, but rather a group and website he's had for quite a while.... I just wish it were in the states because they seem to go on quite a few interesting photo shoots.:wink:

GaryCh

Mu-43 Regular
P.S. Gary, I know you're mostly teasing, but just so you know the Olympus Safari Group is Brian Mosely's baby...and not part of mu-43.com, but rather a group and website he's had for quite a while
I was just poking and hoping that someone would see the appeal of a more general mu43 walkabouts, photoscavenger hunts, challenges, etc...

The beauty of being mu43 rather than vendor specific, would be that there'd be more of us (hopefully), and we'd have a large pool of lenses and adapters to try out and help guide our own purchases.

Most of all I just think it would be fun to descend on a sleepy unsuspecting village and photograph the heck out of it whilst helping each other push our creative limits a little.

.... I just wish it were in the states because they seem to go on quite a few interesting photo shoots.:wink:
Well, there are enough mu4/3 users out there looking for reasons to get out there and justify their purchase, I'm sure.

No reason we can't organise it using mu-43.com as a base, which would benefit from increased membership. Established local chapters could perhaps request a subforum for their own events, advertising local photo ops, etc.

If existing members interested in having a local chapter advertised locally, dropped by photographic clubs, etc... they'd soon have the numbers. Even if it is just three guys/gals who occassionally hook up. These things tend to grow pretty quickly if they're kept fun and interesting.

I'm in Lancashire UK, and I'd be more than willing to hook up with others using the 4/3's format and help arrange some events.

-Gary

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Gary, what do you think about using our Groups section for this? For example, you could create a "Micro 4/3 Photo Walk UK Chapter" Group (with a better name, I'm sure) in our Groups area and then put it in your sig line so that it would be promoted when you post in the forums.

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Id be up for that - anyway we know that the new firmware for oly giving 15% increased focus speed is still 35% slower than the GF1 lol

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Hrmpppphhhhh...

I don't have the GF1 but I like it....My bud has one and I might just convince him it's junk and buy it cheap from him...
afterall...what are friends for....

Seriously, I am planning a walkabout in NYC in May and I don't care what camera ya use.....
Don't feel left out from the Oly crowd...it's all the same.....
Besides, most Oly shooters use Panny glass anyway.....

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Most of all I just think it would be fun to descend on a sleepy unsuspecting village and photograph the heck out of it whilst helping each other push our creative limits a little.

Oh yes - lol

GaryCh

Mu-43 Regular
Seriously, I am planning a walkabout in NYC in May and I don't care what camera ya use.....
Hmmm

Flights are mad cheap and I've never been to NY. So, if you can get some walkabout arranged I'd consider doing it just for the giggles. Although... the prospect of pointing glass at people on the streets of NYC sounds like a hazardous occupation - lol.

Don't feel left out from the Oly crowd...it's all the same.....
Besides, most Oly shooters use Panny glass anyway.....
Well, maybe I'll wrap my Panny in aluminium foil and try to blend in : ) Failing that, I shall acquire a digiscope setup and watch them jealously from the bushes until the court injunction arrives.

*grin*

Latest threads

Top Bottom