Tools or Toys? Micro 4:3 vs. DSLRs [Podcast]

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by gugarci, May 9, 2013.

1. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
  2. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    Why make yourself nuts? Make your own selection and be done.
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Bill ..Thanks for the link. This topic is like a dead horse . The bottom line is MFT is a capable tool for any type of work in hands of a photographer who knows his job .Online forums, bloggers, and paid selfstyled Pro photographers brainwash innocent people with advantages of DSLR and what not. Its very simple , pick up what u choose and what u are comfortable with . Promoting DSLR/FF as Pro tool is fine but dismising any other format or say MFT as useless for so called Pro work is immaturity . The definition of Pro photographer differs as well.So just stop thinking too much into MFT vs FF , just enjoy ur gear what ever do u have .:drinks::drinks:Now I can challenge those podcasters that anyone who knows photography can deliver better results with OMD + choice of lenses provided he knows how to use it .By just dismissing MFT as SMALLER SENSOR is sheer stupidity .Its insecurity and they are all in DENIAL status . The bottom line is DSLRS from three big companies are not the only option in modern era of digital photography.

Please see this This guy used Olympus PEN and now OMD with 45 mm 1.8 , Look at his work and look at those podcasters work and u will know what I mean.
  4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Haha ... yup.

People with real interests, including professionals, will choose their tools according to their needs rather than allow someone else choose for them.
  5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    There's always some type of insulting going on - here's the short list:

1) DSLR owners vs MFT and "small sensors"
    2) NEX owners vs MFT and "small sensors"
    3) MFT owners vs NEX owners and "lack of lenses"
    4) Everyone against Fuji
    5) Samsung just chillin.....

I just want to shoot :smile:
  6. usayit

Awe poor Fuji..... I am liking the XF1 (wifes camera) so far. I have only done Jpeg ooc so far but its pretty nifty. Somehow Leica should be worked into that list.. j/k
  7. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    If people 100+ years ago can still inspire today when they were using a box with a hole in the front, then what I have is probably plenty good enough . . .
  8. usayit

Yup... I used to start classes by saying that our tools (ie camera) are simply enablers no more no less. You drive your photography not the equipment. If your equipment drives your photography, you are doing all wrong.
  9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    No, no, nooooo! Don't mention the "L" word! :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:
  10. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Bunch of "pros" sitting around talking 'bout stuff ... in the martial arts we call that "kuchiwaza" - mouth technique - it is not a term or endearment. Show us photos that can not be captured by any other means except some specific gear then we might have something to ponder.

I still remember my first photos taken with a pinhole camera made from a shoebox ... nothing quite reproduces images like that.
  11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Try isolating and freezing a running back breaking away into the open field with a shoebox. ... I know not the proper tool.
  12. RobWatson

What, you don't like blurry shots? Elitist! Clearly all one needs to to rig a hotshoe and flash onto the shoebox to freeze that motion ... I like the old school pile of blackpowder+metal shavings type flash tray arrangement. Those were the days.
  13. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Yes, they were good and old.
  14. RobWatson

I'm beginning to resemble that remark ... the old part anyway. 1 out of 2 ain't bad ... sort of.