Took advantage of deal Olympus is having on E-M5 MK II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by So Thankful, Nov 18, 2015.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Today I ordered the E-M5 MKII along with the 12-50 EZ, HLD-8G, and a FL-600 flash. I got a killer deal with the special Olympus is running right now. Body $899.00 and lens was only $299.00 in the package deal. I went with the 12-50 for video use and weather sealing. I know many folks knock it but I like the options it gives me. I have a couple of fast primes for available light stuff if needed.
    Can't wait till Friday! :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    You will be happy. ;) A bit of respect for the 12-50 here.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    The 12-50 is a good lens. It is NOT the 12-60 pro level levels from the original 4/3's system many people anticipated, so it suffered from the disappointment of people comparing it to a lens many times its price. I took a lot of good shots with that lens, and the bad ones were never because of the lens, but the photographer. $299 is about the right price for it. It did get trashed for being over-priced at retail, and I have to agree with that criticism. But for the $300 is cost with the original E-M5 kit, which is how I got it, it was a good deal. Enjoy it and don't worry what anyone says about it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks for the link. What an interesting site. Love the way he writes too. Mahalo!
    And, despite having bought the EM1 and 12-40 Pro, I still keep my 12-50 kit lens around.