Took advantage of deal Olympus is having on E-M5 MK II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by So Thankful, Nov 18, 2015.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Today I ordered the E-M5 MKII along with the 12-50 EZ, HLD-8G, and a FL-600 flash. I got a killer deal with the special Olympus is running right now. Body $899.00 and lens was only $299.00 in the package deal. I went with the 12-50 for video use and weather sealing. I know many folks knock it but I like the options it gives me. I have a couple of fast primes for available light stuff if needed.
    Can't wait till Friday! :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 4
  2. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    You will be happy. ;) A bit of respect for the 12-50 here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    The 12-50 is a good lens. It is NOT the 12-60 pro level levels from the original 4/3's system many people anticipated, so it suffered from the disappointment of people comparing it to a lens many times its price. I took a lot of good shots with that lens, and the bad ones were never because of the lens, but the photographer. $299 is about the right price for it. It did get trashed for being over-priced at retail, and I have to agree with that criticism. But for the $300 is cost with the original E-M5 kit, which is how I got it, it was a good deal. Enjoy it and don't worry what anyone says about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Thanks for the link. What an interesting site. Love the way he writes too. Mahalo!
    And, despite having bought the EM1 and 12-40 Pro, I still keep my 12-50 kit lens around.