1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Too many pictures all over the place.

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Vivalo, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    Hi

Today I was planning to go downhill skiing, but when I finally got to the slopes I saw pictures all over the place just waiting to be taken. Fortunately I am m4/3 user so I have my kit where ever I go, even when downhill skiing. It was -23 degrees celsius and the slopes were partially covered by freezing clouds but that made the scenery much more interesting than on a usual skiing day. I am a bit embarrased to put these images after seeing such a wonderful images at Grahams portfolio site, but here they are anyway. I'm sorry for the high ISO, my Vivitar isn't good enough at 3,5 so I had to stop it to 5,6 and the sun doesn't stay up too long at this time of the year here at 68 degrees north. I hope you enjoy.

PB244027.JPG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PB244033.JPG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My helmet was covered by ice at the end of the day but fortunately the E-P1 wasn't.

PB244042.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Ville, nothing to be embarrassed about! On the contrary, you are to be admired for being out on the slopes with your camera - plus it looks to me as though this was some pretty intense skiing! You ski with a backpack and a tripod and your camera?

That one of the moon above the snow covered tree tops, number 4, is my favorite. I salute you for your efforts and your photos, Ville!

3. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    Thanks for your kind comments. I had my camera backpack in car and when I realized that there were so many photos around me I had to take it with me to the slopes. Actually I don't own any kind of tripod or monopod. The first three were hand held, because I didn't want to be too obvious that I was shooting the other photographer and therefore I was pretending that I was shooting in other directions too :redface:.
    The rest of the photos were taken while supporting the camera on something around me. I am so glad for having in-body image stabilization, if not in me then at least in the camera. :smile:

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I remain impressed. Add in the fact that it sounds as though it was awfully cold!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    Cold yes, but after a certain point your hands come amazingly steady :rofl:

6. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

That's because they are frozen solid! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Nice shots. Portrays the coldness quite well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. andy_jansen

andy_jansen Mu-43 Regular

Oct 19, 2010
    Herten, NL
    Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Really love the high ISO on the first three pictures. Gives an authentic look in my opinion.
    Thanks for sharing

• Like Like x 1