1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

"Too dark, use flash"

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DeeJayK, Jun 22, 2012.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Okay, this post is apropros of nothing and is really more of a trip down memory lane for me than anything, but I came across a reference today to the "Minolta Talker" and it brought back a flood of nostalgia.

In retrospect the big selling feature (that the camera "talks" to you) is one of the most annoying features I could think of to have on a camera, but I had one of these when they came out (in the early 80's?) and I remember that I thought it was about the coolest thing going. In my defense, I was 12. I don't recall what happened to it and I haven't thought about it in at least twenty years, but it's probably the first camera I had that I really treasured.

Does anyone else remember the Talker, fondly or otherwise? What was your first "special" camera? Come on, it can't be more embarrassing than mine.

2. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

Hmmm... never heard of the "Talker", but I was considering picking up the new m4/3 from Canon, the "Troller".

Every time you set it to f/1.7 it says: "Too much DOF, upgrade to full frame".

• Like Like x 4
  3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    You win the Internet! :rofl: