1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

"Too dark, use flash"

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DeeJayK, Jun 22, 2012.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Okay, this post is apropros of nothing and is really more of a trip down memory lane for me than anything, but I came across a reference today to the "Minolta Talker" and it brought back a flood of nostalgia.

In retrospect the big selling feature (that the camera "talks" to you) is one of the most annoying features I could think of to have on a camera, but I had one of these when they came out (in the early 80's?) and I remember that I thought it was about the coolest thing going. In my defense, I was 12. I don't recall what happened to it and I haven't thought about it in at least twenty years, but it's probably the first camera I had that I really treasured.

Does anyone else remember the Talker, fondly or otherwise? What was your first "special" camera? Come on, it can't be more embarrassing than mine.

2. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

Hmmm... never heard of the "Talker", but I was considering picking up the new m4/3 from Canon, the "Troller".

Every time you set it to f/1.7 it says: "Too much DOF, upgrade to full frame".

• Like Like x 4
  3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    You win the Internet! :rofl:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.