Tony Northrup's new bogus video "Micro Four-Thirds is DEAD"

Status
Not open for further replies.

50orsohours

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
What about us old farts who have tired of the heavy cameras and want lighter weight? I have a stable of Nikon (D800, D750, D2x) and even more heavy lenses that are so-called pro level which causes arthritis exacerbated by a broken wrist to be painful at best and unmanageable at worst. Not all of us are going back to heavier cameras. Everyone speaks as Oracles of the future but I fear they are as unsure of any future as I have become.
There is nothing to worry about the future of m4/3.

Jay_M

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think the biggest difference might be there aren't nearly as many old farts trying to be YouTubers as there are young 20 somethings?

I'm only 35, but for me it was important to buy gear that I would be willing to take with me, and not have to think "Uughhh, do I really want to lug around that obnoxious camera today?" I don't feel a need to compensate for something with my camera gear though :whistling:

50orsohours

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I think the biggest difference might be there aren't nearly as many old farts trying to be YouTubers as there are young 20 somethings?

I'm only 35, but for me it was important to buy gear that I would be willing to take with me, and not have to think "Uughhh, do I really want to lug around that obnoxious camera today?" I don't feel a need to compensate for something with my camera gear though :whistling:
So a pro printer didn’t see a difference between a FF sensor and a m4/3 sensor. Not at that size. I wonder how many of the naysayers print at all, let alone print that size.

I guess we can now go back to trying to improve the real weak link.

Jay_M

Mu-43 Top Veteran
So a pro printer didn’t see a difference between a FF sensor and a m4/3 sensor. Not at that size. I wonder how many of the naysayers print at all, let alone print that size.

I guess we can now go back to trying to improve the real weak link.
I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong post. My only problem with that video is not one of the prints was based on a challenging situation for a camera.

50orsohours

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong post. My only problem with that video is not one of the prints was based on a challenging situation for a camera.
No. Agreeing with you. You can carry a smaller system and printing big is not an issue. After all, I’m guessing that all the skeptics are regular printers. Lol.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have seen m43 cameras in Currys/PC World in the UK, Jessops where they remain still seem to stock them. I don't tend to go in to camera stores as they are quite lacking where I seem to go.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
But just think about all the ad money Tony got from his clickbait video. That’s what really matters.
Tony's counting his money and long forgot about the video and coming up with the next one...meanwhile everyone else is still talking about it. Someone posted it on FB Olympus group too...:026:

BamaBoy

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bob
FF mania is alive and well... Tony posts, and the world is dumping the " Dead M43 Format ". Please send me all the corpses. I will pay postage and take care of burial fees. Meanwhile I will wait for a Fire Sale on some coveted M43 Glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom