Tony Northrup again claims MFT is "likely phased-out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay_M

Mu-43 Top Veteran
To me it's starting to feel like he's going to keep saying this for the next 10+ years until it finally happens. Unlike last time, he also called out multiple other camera mounts. Not that anyone around here agrees with his take on MFT, just expect to see more chatter about "MFT is dead" again.

rezatravilla

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Reza Travilla
He is a clickbait guy. Ignore his youtube channel. No value watching it. No things to be shared which can improve your photography skills or at least know your gear's potential.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Forget this clown.
He probably puts his undies on backwards every day, and doesn’t even know it....

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
I’ve never really been able to get into YouTube channels. So many feel like infomercials. Also, there are a lot of similar personalities out there that have no bigger fan than themselves. I chuckle when they say “I told you so” about some old prediction they had that actually came true, even though they‘ve made 10 times as many predictions that were just plain wrong (they never seem to highlight those mistakes). I mean, what other reason is there to tell people such things, other than to just hear yourself talking?

11GTCS

Mu-43 Regular
This guy 🤣 I don’t even know how to feel about him. He doesn’t take that great a picture, it’s unclear if he was ever even a pro? Calling it click bait is insulting to click bait, he basically makes a living on spewing nonsense. I’d trust the opinion of a late night talk show host on cameras before good ole Tony. He makes Ken Rockwell seem like an academic. I still prefer either of them to that raging fat guy and the dude that needs a haircut. Honestly photography YouTube out of all my hobbies has the worst content by far. It’s so awful. The only one I truly love and appreciate as informative is David Thorpe. Most of the rest are either good for entertainment only or are actively obnoxious. That’s most of why I’m so glad this place exists

Real Name
Mike Peters
Those who make good and useful photos consistently shoot for a living. Those that talk better than they shoot have YouTube channels, and make a better living, or so it seems. He’s just a blowhard, as are most of the vidiots in vlogger land. Ignore him and he’ll go broke and disappear.

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
.... I mean, what other reason is there to tell people such things, other than to just hear yourself talking?
one word: money
As his and other dribble channels rely on clicks for income, the more controversial the headlines the better. Most folk seem to be compelled to click on the video even if they know it's trash, to then ultimately benefit him through monetization.

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What I don't understand is why so many of you attack him personally instead of discussing the quality of his arguments.

The camera business has been in decline for years. Smartphones will continue to provide improving IQ and many of us already enjoy using them instead of lugging even our relatively small cameras and lenses in a big backpack. The C-19 Pandemic has killed global tourism, and without tourism, high-end cameras have far less appeal. Some brands, like Pentax, will disappear. Many of the innovations that made Olympus special have been copied by Fuji, Sony, Cannon, and Nikon. Their new mirrorless cameras are smaller, have IBIS, electronic shutters, and some of them have far better AF, and they don't need special modes to shoot high resolution images.

We are all at the start of a global recession that will be worse than the one we just escaped from in 2008-13. Mass unemployment and income inequality are already sending people to the streets amidst a pandemic. Retail stores are filing for bankruptcy. Many consumers are defaulting on auto loans and mortgages. Those losses will ripple through the economy, and businesses will report weak earnings. The global economy will contract this year by 5-9% according to the IMF.

When you can't find work, feed your family, or get healthcare to fight a deadly pandemic you don't give a hoot about travel, tourism, or luxury goods like cameras.

I think he's right that many brands will disappear or be acquired as the industry consolidates to cut costs.

Last edited:

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
it's easy: if the messenger continuously says nothing but outrageous statements people tend to dismiss his messages; it's just human nature
Bloomberg reports this morning that the Australian Economy is contracting following three decades of expansion. Nations around the world are responding to dire economic news like this with huge public debt spending, and that debt will be paid off someday through higher taxes, cuts in social benefits, and/or currency devaluation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-recession-free-run-looms?srnd=premium-europe

We are all in for a rough ride the next few years, and I guess big digital cameras will be even more quickly replaced by smartphones than film cameras were replaced by digital 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom