(Tomorrow) (Today)Yesterday was April 16...are you still holding your breath?

okinana

Mu-43 Veteran
As per B&H website, April 16 is the expected availability date (whatever they mean by that :confused:) of the OM-D E-M5.

Surprisingly, no one is fretting about tomorrow's "big event". Seems like our EQ (emotional quotient) has logarithmically improved in a span of a few days. :rofl:

aikidoka

Mu-43 Regular
talking about holding breath; i am leaving to asia on the 21st, i do hope henrys (canada) could ship the package and it arrives before that date.

lowincash

Mu-43 Regular
When did you order yours? I think B&H probably already have some in stock. On dpreview a couple of people who pre-ordered in early February says they got word that theirs will be shipping soon while folks who pre-ordered later got word that none's in stock yet.

When I called to cancel my order this morning the guy told me they don't have any in stock, maybe because I ordered on March 6th and probably didn't make their first or second batch =/

But yeah, I had placed an order with another smaller shop on April 5th and mine will be here tomorrow :D

nueces snapper

Mu-43 All-Pro
As per B&H website, April 16 is the expected availability date (whatever they mean by that :confused:) of the OM-D E-M5.

Surprisingly, no one is fretting about tomorrow's "big event". Seems like our EQ (emotional quotient) has logarithmically improved in a span of a few days. :rofl:

Easy for you to say. :cool:

recasper

Mu-43 Regular
I'm definitely shaking with anticipation. I contacted them this afternoon, fishing for info on how far down the list I am.

Thankfully I got my order in a few days after the announcement in February, which the kind fellow reassured me by stating I was near the top of the pre-order list. Wooo Hooo!... He also said that their shipment is supposed to come in tomorrow. I can only hope he was correct in that statement, now as long as there are no issues with the silver-body only shipments, things will be great soon. ;-)

kevwilfoto

Mu-43 Veteran
I just got my notice from Amazon on my pre-order:

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on March 16, 2012 ... We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. ...

Aaarrggh! NOOOoooooo!

Looks like I'll be shopping for someone to have it in stock tomorrow. :(

elduderino

Mu-43 Regular
I pre-ordered from BH in the end of Feb thinking they'd get a ton of them. I should have ordered elsewhere, as my order status now shows backordered. F.. I've been waiting for a camera for months now, after canceling my Nex-7 pre-order. I'm bummed, and I'll have to start looking elsewhere.

heedpantsnow

Mu-43 Veteran
I ordered from J&R, Amazon, and Olympus. Still no camera. I live overseas and my window of people coming over is about to dry up. So now I've got a friend of a friend who goes to HK once a week looking for one for me there. Sheesh...all this for a camera.

elduderino

Mu-43 Regular
Got the same result as you earlier in the day, Stuntman. This sucks. I figured they'd be the first place getting them. Next time I guess it'd pay to order with a smaller shop.

okinana

Mu-43 Veteran
In retrospect, the advantage of ordering from B&H is the 0% tax and 0 shipping. Is it also the same in the smaller sellers? Maybe not.

This delay is giving me a window to ponder upon canceling my order.

lowincash

Mu-43 Regular
In retrospect, the advantage of ordering from B&H is the 0% tax and 0 shipping. Is it also the same in the smaller sellers? Maybe not.

This delay is giving me a window to ponder upon canceling my order.

If you buy from a store out of state then they don't charge you tax. I ordered mine from Texas and just have to pay for shipping.

okinana

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for the information. Have you gotten your camera? Or is it on its way? I am now on the brink of canceling my preorder and just stick with my E-PM1 which I am immensely enjoying.

artsifrtsy

Mu-43 Regular
In the scheme of things a few days or even weeks won't affect my overall experience. Of course I want mine yesterday - but I plan on enjoying it for years and B&H is the best I've dealt with.

rstrader

Mu-43 Regular
I thought about ordering a Nex-7 as well, but I have the Nex-3 and haven't liked using it nearly as much as my EPL3. This shipping delay however, is probably a good thing for Sony.

lowincash

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the information. Have you gotten your camera? Or is it on its way? I am now on the brink of canceling my preorder and just stick with my E-PM1 which I am immensely enjoying.

Mine's out for delivery, so I should get be getting it later today. If it wasn't for a basketball tournament, I don't know how I would have gotten through this weekend waiting lol

M4/3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
In retrospect, the advantage of ordering from B&H is the 0% tax and 0 shipping.
And the no hassel return policy. You can return for ANY reason within a month and get a full refund (except USP Ground return charges) as long as there are not a huge number of shutter releases and you repackage the camera the way it came from the factory). I returned a $800 camcorder simply because the focus was a bit off and got a full refund in about 10 days. Because of that great service I order most of my camera gear from B&H.

Latest threads

Top Bottom