(Tomorrow) (Today)Yesterday was April 16...are you still holding your breath?

MikeB

Mu-43 Regular
My camera shipped from B&H yesterday, according to the order tracking page. I didn't see an email notification from B&H, but FedEx clearly has a package for me, and the OM-D is the only item in the order.

Silver kit with 12-50, ordered Feb 8th, so I'm probably in the earliest batch.

*Happy Dance*

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
starting to wish I ordered it from b&h and amazon to see who'd win, haha.

Anyone get a battery yet? I put in a pre-order through olympus direct for that one.

artsifrtsy

Mu-43 Regular
My camera shipped from B&H yesterday, according to the order tracking page. I didn't see an email notification from B&H, but FedEx clearly has a package for me, and the OM-D is the only item in the order.

Silver kit with 12-50, ordered Feb 8th, so I'm probably in the earliest batch.

*Happy Dance*

Same deal for me - no email. I did call Monday to inquire and was told it was coming, but no email. I had a tracking number right away.

stuntman

M43 FOR THIRDS 4 EVER
Real Name
ED
Spoke to B&H again and it's like Ray said, nobody has the same story. What I did find out is they are receiving cameras (trickling in) and filling pre-orders right now. He said mine will ship today or tommorrow at the latest. :thumbup:

I'm glad I ordered early!!!

mikemxyzzy

New to Mu-43
Here's another data point: I put my order in to B&H on March 28th and the tracking still says Backordered on the web site. It's the black with 12-50 kit.

Gusnyc

Mu-43 Veteran
I checked with J&R today (I live nearby). They told me that yesterday the salesman from Olympus was there. They have 16 preorders for the 12-50 kit black (15 for the silver one). The people at J&R told me that they may start sending the orders next week, but still, today they don't have an official ETA.

elduderino

Mu-43 Regular
Just called them again, to which I received the same, "we have no idea" no matter how I pressed. I've done all my DSLR business with these guys in the past, but they're pissing me off enough to be done with them after this order. The reason I buy from them isn't no tax like so many others do, it's because they have a good reputation in the past. So much for that.

If the Nex lenses weren't so big, and so meh I'd just go to that camp like I planned in the beginning.

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It is interesting that it appears that Olympus gave a priority on shipments to the local camera stores (brick and mortar).

Also, I think these retailers keep their in-store and web inventories somewhat separate. I called my local camera store just to try to find out any status on my black body preorder. The phone/web customer service rep said they had not received any units from Olympus yet, but I know of someone here on the forum that preordered (assume silver kit) in-store and picked it up there already.

stuntman

M43 FOR THIRDS 4 EVER
Real Name
ED
I called around a week ago and could have basically ridden my bike and picked one up locally here in CT. I am in NO rush and love the warranty and service of B&H. I could also drive to B&H as they are only an hour's drive to the city and I am usually there 2 or 3 times a week for work anyway.

I will just wait patiently as, again, I am in NO rush. It's not like I need the camera to make my living!! If that was the case I would already own 3 or four Canon 1D MKIV's and wouldn't even consider owning a :43: system.

kenez

Mu-43 Regular
I ordered the silver kit with the 12-50mm zoom on the first day they began taking pre-orders at Amazon (February 7th). The next day I placed a pre-order for the grip. Today, April 18th, they shipped the grip. There is still no shipping date estimate for the camera :frown:.

Latest threads

Top Bottom