1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Showcase Tokina 28mm F/2.8 RMC

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Der@, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Der@

Der@ Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2013
    Portugal
    Dario
    I think this lens is quite good so I'm starting this new thread. Let's start posting...

Olympus E-PM1 + Tokina RMC 28mm F/2.8. Wide open, 1/160sec.

• Like Like x 5
  2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Looks sharp but that's some crazy rendering of the out of focus areas. Thanks for sharing.

3. edmsnap

edmsnap Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 20, 2011
    Edmonton, Alberta
    The bokeh is beautiful, particularly for that type of nature shot.

4. Der@

Der@ Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2013
    Portugal
    Dario
    Thanks for your comment. I think maybe it's not a lens "defect" but a subject's one because the small twigs were very, very near of each other and very entangled. Please do look at this one where the background is much more smooth and much less swirly and give me your opinion:

Olympus E-PM1 and Tokina 28mm F/2.8 RMC (MD mount).

• Like Like x 2
  5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Ah thats far nicer imo. Must have just been the nature of the background!

6. alvinthethird

alvinthethird New to Mu-43

Aug 27, 2013
    Panasonic GF3 + Tokina 28mm F/2.8, wide open. ISO crazy high, hence the grain.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. pavlo.boiko

pavlo.boiko Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavlo Boiko
    Wide-open:

• Like Like x 6
  8. pavlo.boiko

pavlo.boiko Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavlo Boiko
    Became my most used lens. The scene I reveiled when came at work on monday: Now I work at home.

• Like Like x 5
  9. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Terrible scene... What happened? Looks like a bombing :eek:

10. euler_spiz

euler_spiz Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2013
    Cantabria, Spain
    LP Hoyos
    Disturbing.
    Tough times in Ukraine, as we see on TV, hope everything ends well in that wonderful country.
    Sorry for the off-topic but this last picture has brought me back some sad memories.
    All the best for your people pavlo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pavlo.boiko

pavlo.boiko Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavlo Boiko
    that vehicles were used by riot police as a cordone. They were set alight by protesters who are angry about corruption and government deal with Russia. The building where we rent our office is used as impovised hospital.

12. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

Mine seems to take quite a bit of post processing to get looking nice. Mind you I find the same with all legacy lenses. I ended up disappointed with these old lenses and retired them. But I've seen some wonderful images taken with them.

Some completely random shots here from one of the few occasions I used it last week.

i-kT3tdhg-XL.

i-sTrG6Fn-XL.

i-Nhp57Lq-XL.

• Like Like x 7
  13. pavlo.boiko

pavlo.boiko Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavlo Boiko
    Very nice pictures! And random!? Very surprized. I share Your opinion on post-processing. I'm tired of that camera adjusting → raw file adjusting → batch jpg convertion workflow, but have no any AF lens and must live with that, since my salary was cut recently :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks Pavlo. Yes the legacy lenses seem to take a lot of post processing and sharpening don't they. Also they're notorious for not behaving well on digital cameras when it comes to exposure. I also get weird looking colour casts at times. I guess these are also the traits that many love!

Sorry to hear about the salary cut. For a budget m43 lens I can highly recommend the Sigma f2.8 30mm. Probably my favourite lens. Nothing budget about the performance! There's also the 19mm. Less than half the price of any Olympus or Panasonic lens.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Der@

Der@ Mu-43 Regular

May 29, 2013
    Portugal
    Dario
    Pavlo, my heart is with your people. There are many here in Portugal. Good, decent, working people. EU has changed and has become less solidary between the countries, with Germany ruling above all, but we are still a great distance from the conspicuously undemocratic Russia. It's always worth to fight for freedom. I wish all the best for Ukraine in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pavlo.boiko

pavlo.boiko Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavlo Boiko
    Waiting for our pizza:

made at F4

• Like Like x 1
  17. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  18. voltcontrol

voltcontrol Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2013
    Received this lens today, love it already. Looking forward to try it with a focal reducer, this was shot freelensing it. With a normal adapter on mu4/3 it's quite picky in terms of lighting situation.

P.s. My son is shouting MAMA quite loudly here.
    14173968963_41e8d61198_k.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice images, I just got this lens in a Yashica Mount waiting for adapter.

20. richardp

richardp Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2015
    Europe
    Richard
    The interesting thing for me is I never seem to get flare with this lens - allows some nice angles P1240639.JPG P1240638.JPG P1240640.JPG

• Like Like x 6