today's shoot - E-P2 + 5D

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by shawngibson, Oct 16, 2010.

1. shawngibson

shawngibson Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    Couple shots from my shoot today. Per my other thread (https://www.mu-43.com/f42/just-musing-olympus-leica-canon-god-6543/) the Oly held it's own and I did about 30% of the shoot with it.

My model was awesome, not a model, just a friend's young daughter, and so, so, so beautiful:

First, the Oly:

[​IMG]

Here's the Canon (a bit of photoshop, the Oly is raw except a bit of sharpening...no sharpening on the 5D):

[​IMG]

(I'll post more once her mom sees them and says OK...she looked at everything in the camera and said ok but I'll wait for her likes/dislikes before posting more)...

These shots are nothing, after deleting about 1,000 images I have 400 left lol...I will be processing for days!

Shawn

• Like Like x 4
  2. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    The oly shot did not get link correctly I think I get a ?

3. shawngibson

Aug 9, 2010
    Oops should be good now:)

4. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    The oly really held it's only, the 5D does retain more detail with the much bigger sensor. And the lenses do resolve more light then m4/3. But the shot is very good with the pen.

5. shawngibson

Aug 9, 2010
    They're both native and cropped to 728 px wide. Here's the Oly in the exact same conditions as the 5D, no sharpening, no work actually at all:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    jpeg or raw. If jpeg, oly does have the best jpeg engine on the market, canon is second in jpeg engines.

7. shawngibson

Aug 9, 2010
    Here's the Canon, stripped out my work, again at 728px to be fair:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. shawngibson

Aug 9, 2010
    I only shoot RAW.

9. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    I like your RAW workflow, it renders very good results.

10. shawngibson

Aug 9, 2010
    I don't really have a workflow. I work in stages, see a part, make it right, move on to the next part...creatively it's very frustrating...Often have 50-layer working images. Which is why Lightroom doesn't work for me...too simplistic.

11. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    I am a mac user, with aperture. If I had that many layer working together. It would be very overwhelming with lightroom or anything else beside CSE

12. shawngibson

Aug 9, 2010
    I just tried to switch to iMac 2.8/27" it's hard. I hate it so far...apple blah.

13. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    It takes time to make the transition from PC to Mac. I actually did not like it at first, but after learning to transition, I actually now prefers it over windows. CSE 5 on the mac actually works really well like on a PC. I just wont foot the bill for the it. ;)

14. kappa546

kappa546 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2010
    Wow. Her look in the first picture is absolutely captivating. Gorgeous.