today's shoot - E-P2 + 5D

shawngibson

Mu-43 Regular
Couple shots from my shoot today. Per my other thread (https://www.mu-43.com/f42/just-musing-olympus-leica-canon-god-6543/) the Oly held it's own and I did about 30% of the shoot with it.

My model was awesome, not a model, just a friend's young daughter, and so, so, so beautiful:

First, the Oly:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's the Canon (a bit of photoshop, the Oly is raw except a bit of sharpening...no sharpening on the 5D):

(I'll post more once her mom sees them and says OK...she looked at everything in the camera and said ok but I'll wait for her likes/dislikes before posting more)...

These shots are nothing, after deleting about 1,000 images I have 400 left lol...I will be processing for days!

Shawn

shoturtle

The oly really held it's only, the 5D does retain more detail with the much bigger sensor. And the lenses do resolve more light then m4/3. But the shot is very good with the pen.

shawngibson

Mu-43 Regular
They're both native and cropped to 728 px wide. Here's the Oly in the exact same conditions as the 5D, no sharpening, no work actually at all:

The oly really held it's only, the 5D does retain more detail with the much bigger sensor. And the lenses do resolve more light the m4/3. But the shot is very good with the pen.

shawngibson

Mu-43 Regular
Here's the Canon, stripped out my work, again at 728px to be fair:

shawngibson

Mu-43 Regular
I like your RAW workflow, it renders very good results.
I don't really have a workflow. I work in stages, see a part, make it right, move on to the next part...creatively it's very frustrating...Often have 50-layer working images. Which is why Lightroom doesn't work for me...too simplistic.

shoturtle

I am a mac user, with aperture. If I had that many layer working together. It would be very overwhelming with lightroom or anything else beside CSE

shoturtle

It takes time to make the transition from PC to Mac. I actually did not like it at first, but after learning to transition, I actually now prefers it over windows. CSE 5 on the mac actually works really well like on a PC. I just wont foot the bill for the it. ;)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom