1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Todays 2

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Iansky, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Overcast with occasional rain today but still managed to give the GF1+20 a run out.

[​IMG]

Layered_cloud.

• Like Like x 8
  2. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Iansky, your b&w mono treatments are def my favorite on these boards.

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Hi Zephyr,

Thanks for the kind words.
    I am now shooting 90% of my GF1 work with B&W images in mind and the GF1+20mm is a great combo for doing this.

4. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Beautiful work, Ian! I particularly like the mood conveyed in your first image.

Seems we're much on the same page .. I also use my GF1 and 20/1.7 almost exclusively for B&W work. And I see you're also a proponent of Silver Efex Pro. Your choice in B&W post-processing definitely shows a deft touch. Nicely done! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Hi Arie,

Yes, the GF1+20mm combo is my current favourite for B&W, I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something very pleasing for me about the combo when the images are processed in Silver Efex Pro.
    The images remind me of those I used to take with my Leica M analogue kit years ago, and to be perfectly honest, I prefer the results from my GF1 than those from my M8 digital (shh - don't tell Leica).
    The 20mm is a magic lens that can produce some super sharp images yet has a lovely bokeh when needed.
    Glad to see you and I are of the same frame of mind - keep up the shooting.