Today I got a paid assignment! Please share about your paid photo/video assignments!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Ramirez, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I am not a professional working photographer in the meaning - photo stands for 100% (or near that)
    of my earnings, also my journey in photography also has a long way to go still.
    But I have a "side" business besides my day job. Sometimes I get photorelated work assignments.
    Today I got one: a local gym wanted me to take some photos for them to put up online.

I always enjoy when I get paid for taking photos :smile:
    I also going to edit these photos in Aperture (my editor of choise) before uploading the photos.

You (non 100% working photo pro) - please share your assignments!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    I won a Maple Syrup Gift Basket for coming in second place in a photo contest one time!

Haha. ;)
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    I have a regular day job, but have been paid a few times in the past for photography (1 wedding, head shots, etsy clothing, workplace). I've long wanted to make at least a sideline income with photography, but not sure I want to do the usual routes, plus I relocated as I was trying to get a business going a few yrs back and shelved the idea.

Anyway, I've garnered a little attention in the past few months.
    I won a local photo contest at the end of 2013 and got $100 check and some free calendars. The check was just an added bonus and not part of the original plan, but it did boost my confidence some. Since then, I've had a dozen or so pictures published in the local weekly paper (5 of them on the front cover) and I just got my first check yesterday for $350! Feels good for sure and would be great to at least cover the cost of my equipment over the next year or two and justify having some of these expensive lenses. It's not much, but a start.

Now I'm trying to scope out other places I can freelance.
    • Like Like x 5