Today I am 9 years cancer free

zettapixel

Mu-43 Veteran
Best wishes and a long healthy life to you!!!
And never let your guard down.

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
so do the optics on that scope display those wonderful Oly colors?

I'll toast to your health until I ruin my ruin!

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Congrats Kevin,
My wife is heading for her 5yrs free in 2 months so I know what you have been through.

Long may it continue in this positive manner - there is always that nagging doubt in the background so I am really pleased for you.

Eon

Mu-43 Regular
Wow, congrats! Hope you stay free for the rest of your life.

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
Congrats from the depth of my heart.
May God bless you and as S. Francis teaches may it be not only something negative but positive in arising your spiritual awereness.
Nothing in life is casual; it's just up to us to learn from our experience: good or bad as it is.

sinpig

Mu-43 Regular
Congratulations and I wish you a long and healthy life. Thanks for putting life in perspective. Life is good!!

alans

Mu-43 Veteran
Congratulations!
I'm going towards 7 years and still get scoped twice a year.

Stay healthy and shoot lots!

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Good for you! Everyday is a treasure. Tonight I will have a toast to this special day and to your tomorrows. Cheers.

G

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Congratulations Kevin and thanks so much for the perspective check. I don't want to have to go through what you have to fully appreciate life (and I think I appreciate it an awful lot, every day), but there's a part of me that thinks it must feel somehow richer for someone who's had to confront having it taken away so intimately. I'm happy for you - keep savoring every minute!

-Ray

In many ways it was the best thing ever to happen to me because it really brought my life around to something much better than it was before. I was overweight, out of shape and on the way to heart attack or stroke even without the cancer. Today I am healthier and stronger than I have ever been. This experience has taught me much about pain and loss (more than I ever wanted to know really) but every time I look into my sons eyes I realize why it was all worth it. It's not my recommended method of self improvement but it does work.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
so do the optics on that scope display those wonderful Oly colors?

I'll toast to your health until I ruin my ruin!

As a matter of fact they do. Very saturated and a good job at high ISO (the bladder is really a rather dark environment). :rofl:

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Congratulations!
I've had one of those procedures as well. I wince just thinking about it.
Anybody that can handle 25 or more is obviously too stubborn to relapse.
Keep up the good work!

Yes well...I think I it's become a point of pride to be able to go through a cystosccopy being as nonchalant as possible.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Congrats Kevin,
My wife is heading for her 5yrs free in 2 months so I know what you have been through.

Long may it continue in this positive manner - there is always that nagging doubt in the background so I am really pleased for you.

Thank you. Congratulations to your wife and tell her I will drink a toast to her health. Yes...it does always feel like the sword of Damocles is hanging just above. For a while every little ache and pain really ratcheted up my anxiety but it gets better. Some days you can even forget about it.

Now go hug your wife and tell her you love her.

zpuskas

Mu-43 Veteran
Congratulations and stay well! I lost my father and my wife lost her parents (within 6 months) to this horrible disease. Keeping a positive attitude helps!

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Congratulations and stay well! I lost my father and my wife lost her parents (within 6 months) to this horrible disease. Keeping a positive attitude helps!

I have lost 3 friends to it. The people I know that have done well are the ones that keep a positive attitude and that don't sit around waiting for the doctor to heal them but are very active in their treatment and kept a very positive outlook on things. I'm sure my sunny disposition bordered on obnoxious when I in treatment. You have to do it though because if you don't it will overwhelm you.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
Congratulations Dixey... I can't tell you how many family members and close friends of mine have been through the same as you and even worse. Begin each day as if you were unwrapping a precious gift.

Pelao

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Kevin,

Delighted to hear your news. Keep going. You are such a cool example to us, but your children will always remember your courage.

Glad the gear is Oly. I somehow prefer Panasonic, but in this case the IBIS could really help. :eek:

Very best wishes.

Latest threads

Top Bottom