To whoever mentioned Enfuse: THANK YOU!

zathras

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris Nielsen
I read on a thread here that I can't now find that Enfuse was a good LR plugin for natural looking HDRs. I have recently been struggling to produce natural looking results from my HDR efforts - all I want is to lift shadows and pull down highlights, I don't want the HDR look. I tried it out, and it's amazing, just what I am looking for! I am going back through and reprocessing all my HDRs and the results are so much better, with just one click. To say I am excited is somewhat of an understatement

Thanks so much to whoever that was that suggested it!

SojiOkita

Mu-43 All-Pro
I tested several HDR software with awful results.
I tried to tweak the settings and the results stayed poor.

With LR/Enfuse, there are not many settings (in fact there is one: hard mask or no hard mask) and you cannot preview the output, but the results are very pleasing.
It takes benefit of the multiple exposure, and it stays natural.
It's quick and efficient.

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
gus
I tried this plugin for lightroom a year ago and never really understood it. The interface seemed difficult and hard to understand. But after your words here I must go back and see what I did wrong. And the funny part is that im not even close to be a newbie in software and computers.. :)

zathras

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris Nielsen
I tried this plugin for lightroom a year ago and never really understood it. The interface seemed difficult and hard to understand. But after your words here I must go back and see what I did wrong. And the funny part is that im not even close to be a newbie in software and computers.. :)
There seems to be various guides and screencasts you can look at. It does look confusing at first but I have been using it for a couple days and it's starting to make sense. I did notice I get better results if I don't include the extreme exposures on either end of the bracket.

Real Name
Ian
Yes, Enfuse is a great plug-in for LR, delivering much better "HDR" results than what a lot of other software is capable of delivering. My typical workflow for using the software is something along the lines of:

1. Shoot either a 3 shot ( -1 0 +1) or 5 shot (-2 -1 0 +1 +2) series
2. Make adjustments to the raw files (NO shadow/highlight corrections, only NR, sharpening, color, etc.).
3. Run the files through Enfuse, export file as a TIFF
4. Open the TIFF file in LR and adjust the shadows/highlights as needed.

It takes a bit of time, but the result is a much more pleasing photograph (IMO)

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I have been using Lightroom with HDR Efex Pro 2 - however I do it with a twist.

The last year instead of using 3-5 different photos I have been taking one photo and making virtual copies (all RAW) +/- 1-2 EV and combining them. That has allowed me to get more life-like HDR and it also eliminates the artifacts that are often generated due to the slight variations in the photos themselves.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom