To sell or not to sell... that is the question !

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
If the original EM1 is in good condition I would keep it if you have the VF4 to go with it
Otherwise sell it if you can get anything reasonable for it
I don't have the VF-4. As a rule of thumb, I despise attaching expensive bits that can get loose or knocked off the body.
Coming to the the camera, it's in lightly used condition, could be listed as "like new" with a slight amount of detailing. I've put it up on our local "craigslist" with what I believe to be a fair if a bit high price tag, combined to its hld-7. I'll see if it garners interest, otherwise I'll pull it and re-list with a lower price. Possibly splitting between the body and the grip.
Thanks,
M.

Last edited:

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I don't have the VF-4. As a rule of thumb,

I am not even sure why the VF-4 was brought up since the E-M1.1 has no need for it unless its internal EVF (essentially the VF-4) broke.

I despise attaching expensive bits that can get loose or knocked off the body.

Ya that is why when I wanted to add an electronic viewfinder to my IR converted E-P2, I specifically bought the VF-3 because it has an active latching system to keep it on the camera where as to the best of my knowledge the other ones do not have. Other than that camera I simply won't buy a camera without a built in EVF.

Real Name
Walter
I am not even sure why the VF-4 was brought up since the E-M1.1 has no need for it unless its internal EVF (essentially the VF-4) broke.

Ya that is why when I wanted to add an electronic viewfinder to my IR converted E-P2, I specifically bought the VF-3 because it has an active latching system to keep it on the camera where as to the best of my knowledge the other ones do not have. Other than that camera I simply won't buy a camera without a built in EVF.

Ditto the last. I've had two PL5s and a PM2 with VFs. Lovely cameras, but I couldn't live with a rear display alone. I couldn't focus accurately, had a hard time holding the camera steady at arm's length, had to use reading glasses to focus, and they were almost useless in bright sunlight. And, sticking a VF on just made the cameras bulky, vulnerable, and kludgey. I sold them all and stick to cameras with built-in EVFs. YMMV, but that's what works for me. :)

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
So you have two EM-1's an E-M5 and a GX9? Personally, I would sell some of those if they are not being used and roll the proceeds into useful gear...lenses, flashes, whatever. Choosing which ones to sell is above my pay grade.

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
So you have two EM-1's an E-M5 and a GX9? Personally, I would sell some of those if they are not being used and roll the proceeds into useful gear...lenses, flashes, whatever. Choosing which ones to sell is above my pay grade.
Well I don't usually have that many cameras. For the longest of time, I had a main and a backup ; but when I bought the GX9, we were in the middle of that little covid crisis, so I didn't bothered trying to sell the E-M5. Then I realised there was a use value in an otherwise monetary quasi worthless camera. But now the E-M1 feels really redundant, although it's still a pain in the old backside to organise a deal under a 6pm lockdown.
But as I said, I've put up an advertisement in the local classifieds, we'll see were it leads.
M.

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
So, to conclude that story, today I bid farewell to my E-M1, which is now in the hands of a new owner. Sold the body + HLD-7 grip for a tenner short of 300 €, times are tough. Still a good financial move as it helps cover about 45% of the price of my E-M1 mk II that replaces it. However, it's a quaint feeling as I've not used that camera as much as I planned when I got it, due to that little covid set back, and therefore, although I had it for a while, it's like I barely got the hang of it before swapping. Weird.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom