1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Timing is everything

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by protapic, Jul 28, 2011.

1. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    I have enjoyed seeing so many great shots people have posted, and have learned a lot from everyone here. So here's my first picture to post. Was trying to take some shots at my daughter's birthday party and the piñata the kids were trying to break open. Of the many shots I took, I was able to capture this moment just about right when one of the guests drew first candy blood from the cache. It was early evening so not too much natural light. Was using my Panasonic G2, 20mm lens, f1.7, 1/125, camera flash. I prefocused on the piñata before each swing. Picture was cropped and red-eye removed using Aperture.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Great shot!

Nerds... mmmm :tongue:

3. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That is a great capture of the focused intent to strike! Quite a thick club for pinata. I want to go to your parties since around here we require blindfolds and spinning until dizzy before we get to take a swing ...

4. protapic

protapic Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    John
    if we blindfolded folks then we will still be there. for some reason they make the pinatas around here out of super thick cardboard that is nearly impossible to break, even for 12 year olds with heavy clubs. that shot was after 7 people tried already, and the darn pinata lasted until second round of kid hits (around 12th hit).

5. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Ah, the "decisive moment" (tribute to HCB).

6. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    :2thumbs:

Protapic -nice timing, I love the combination of blur and sharpness. Well done.