1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Timelapse Bicycle Commute

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by phidauex, Jun 26, 2013.

1. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
    Shot a quick timelapse of my bicycle commute yesterday (today is Bike to Work day in Colorado). It was shot with my OM-D w/ Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye, in aperture priority mode. Turned off IS, the rear LCD, face recognition, etc. The camera was hanging around my neck with my iPhone clipped to the strap, connected to a TriggerTrap for triggering. Worked pretty well, but a bit more wobbly than I had anticipated. ;)

[ame=http://vimeo.com/69139848]Bicycle Commute Timelapse 1 on Vimeo[/ame]

2. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
    Forgot to mention, I shot around 400 frames, and when I got home, the aftermarket battery was indicating 3 bars. I'm sure it was moderately depleted, but it held up great for that many shots. I'll try to extend it to 600 frames next time and see how I do.

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Good stuff there & incredible trust in the drivers! :eek:

4. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
    Driving and cycling are all about trust and predictability. I've been a "vehicular cyclist" for many years, and haven't had any major issues. I (mostly) follow standard traffic laws and signals, and watch drivers very closely for any signs of abnormal behavior. Mostly it is about putting yourself in a predictable place that is easy for drivers to see, which is why I usually take a lane and use turn lanes fully (putting my body in the same position as a driver's body). Similar techniques are used by motorcyclists to subtly improve their visibility.

5. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    I really enjoyed it, however, that was was of my all time fave songs......ruined lol.

6. phidauex

phidauex Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2013
    Boulder, CO
    Which song is your favorite, Here Comes the Sun, or No Sleep Till Brooklyn? ;)

Mashups and remixes are, in my opinion, a fun way to reconnect with a song that you love, but have heard so many times you start to lose interest. Having it re-imagined by someone else lets me hear it in a new light, and regain interest in the original (I love both of the original songs, here).

7. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Here comes the sun is one of my faves, but I am from that era, I am all for hearing different versions, take Nina Simones (think names right) was truly superb but being a 70's lad I struggle to get to grip with some of todays music, however.......one mans meat et. Lol.