1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Time to Vote! June 2011 Photo Contest - Sponsored by Nik Software

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I'd love a little photo book of all of these. Beautiful entries.....all. I don't deserve to be in this kind of company. You all inspire me.

3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    PICK ME, PICK ME!!!!

Now no one is gonna pick me, just you watch :(

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
  5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I'm looking through the photos, finding some nice ones, but maybe a few aren't adhering to this rule ? ;
    Maybe there's a way to link Exif through from (for example) Flickr if that site is hosting the picture? (Probably no way to do that.)

As it is, I'm not voting if I cannot right-click to get the Exif info...

Edit: ...looked at all the photos, some really nice pictures. Some have no Exif showing camera used (never mind the hordes of "go to Flickr to see Exif" ones), so shall we take that bit out of the rules/enforce the rules? One or the other please.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Please just vote without looking at the EXIF and leave the verification process to us mods. If we cannot verify that the winning photo was taken with a Micro 4/3 camera, the prize will go to the next one in line that is verifiable.

7. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    There are some very good entries - all should be pleased, even if they do not win or gain many votes - it is not an easy chioce

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ulfric M Douglas

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    OK, understood, probably.
    Perhaps you could reflect this reality in the rules, as this is certainly different.

9. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I'm liking the voter participation on this contest!

Keep it up....

10. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I haven't visited the thread until today, and wow... hard to decide which one!

Some really nice images out there, but there can be only one. Good luck everyone!

11. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hey... you get to vote for 3 Hyubie!! Looking like a real horse race right now.

12. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Since I can see I have no chance of winning, I can go ahead and ask the stupid question:

How does one go about keeping the exif data with your uploaded picture? It's in the original, but when I just checked the uploaded version I don't see a way to access it any longer.

I know it's a bit of an imposition, but couldn't we just send the original to you for verification if it came down to that?

13. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    There is a lot of skill reflected in these entries. It is hard to pick just one.

14. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Great entries everyone!

Mods: For the next contest, I was wondering whether it would be possible to include a small thumbnail of the photo next to the entrant's name in the poll? It would save a little time scrolling though the original thread to figure out which images are getting votes. Thx.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ulfric M Douglas

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    That's what I'm hoping.

One of my editing programes removes Exif on saving, dumb old thing.
    The original picture of course has all the details, so easy to verify ... if it wins.
    If the rules require intact Exif on the entries then a load of my favourite pictures cannot be entered in the competitions ... unless I ignore the rules as some entrants have done. I feel this is being ignorant or dishonourable, two things I try to avoid.

16. If you enter an image that does not contain exif data, as long as (upon winning) you can verify that your image was taken with a Micro 4/3 camera then it is eligible to enter. If it requires you providing us with the unedited original then so be it. Of course if the exif says Canon 5D MkII, etc then you're out of luck.

Now, it seems like this contest is very close and the winner may only be decided by a couple of votes. Have you voted yet :polling:

17. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I second this request. A link could also be less work and just as effective. I'd love to vote, but using the iPhone app makes it difficult to scroll through the old entries.

18. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    This is a request that has to be addressed by Amin...

We'll pass it on.

Cheers, Alan

ps. Another horse race to the finish!!! Vote dudes and dudettes!

19. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The thumbnail and link ideas are unfortunately not possible with the software that we are using.

It's a tie right now for 1st place. Vote!

20. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Bump.....

:bump: